New Mexico Elk Outfitter Recommendations

Specifics?
People paying for hunts and not getting to hunt, being robbed, dropped off and guides not showing up. Those are just things I've heard of personally Do a quick google search and you'll see what I mean. It's not that issues can't happen anywhere... You just have to remember they get to play by a different set of rules and outsiders don't have much recourse if things go wrong.

Specifics?
Most (if not all) Indian Reservation hunts require you to hire a Native Indian guide. I too have heard horror stories about what can happen, but the Chama Lodge is run by Frank Simms, who has been in the business for many, many years. He lives at the Lodge, and will personally greet you upon arrival. The property was purchased by the Jicarilla tribe, and the quality has not changed since the purchase.

did you hunt w theses guys? If please give details
I did. First guided hunt I've ever done. I wanted to hunt NM last year and figured I would up my odds through the outfitter draw Day before season I saw one of the biggest bulls I've ever seen. Couldn't turn him up during the hunt. Killed this bull the second to last day.
AFEB60D7-431C-46E0-B20F-67E865A2FD63.jpeg

I'm more about the hunt than the accommodations. But for me they were fine. Wall tent, cots, wood stove, etc. Food was good as well.

Everyday I could have killed a bull. Some days multiple. If I remember right there was only one day that I only saw 1 bull. It's not a popular unit that I hunted. But plenty of elk and enough quality I would go back.

Regards,