Outfitter’s Insight: Wyoming

ADMIN

Administrator
Wyoming began a non-resident point system for mule deer eight years ago. Many applicants got in on the ground floor and this year have tallied eight bonus points. There are currently just over 5,000 max deer point holders, so there's a pile of hunters looking for the best. I talk to many of these hunters every year and get the same question every time: "What should I do with my Wyoming points? Which unit is the best to put in for?" Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Outfitter's Insight: Wyoming, By Robb Wiley. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Robb,

I liked reading your article and how true it is about pulling up your pants when hunting in rugged country. Especially if your in an area that can produce mule deer like the ones you have posted.

That's a great article. People who have never hunted in real high country using horses are missing out. It's physically demanding and mentally challenging.

I have been saving up points in CO for years, only to see big bucks where I currently hunt every year. I think I am going to try Wyoming. I've always wanted to. My dad is 64. He has never killed a beast of a mule deer or a bull elk. I would gladly trade all of my kills for him to experience a hunt like this. It's similar hunting to what I do in Colorado already. And it's all DIY.

Robb truly is the "MAN". If you haven't ever met him in person well……..you should. I've shared a camp fire with a few good out fitters and met many more. Robb is one of a kind. If you want the hunt experience of a lifetime you need to book a hunt with Robb. I'm not sure if he knows what he's gotten into yet but myself and a few friends hope to hunt with him soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.