Outdoorsmans tripod rear rifle support?

JAA

Anyone have it? I'm looking for some feedback on one before I buy. Looks like it may be a little bulky. And I am curious if it bangs against the tripod leg when it's folded up when glassing. I see I have to send them my tripod to install it, so it must not be readily removable. Any input is appreciated.

Anyone have it? I'm looking for some feedback on one before I buy. Looks like it may be a little bulky. And I am curious if it bangs against the tripod leg when it's folded up when glassing. I see I have to send them my tripod to install it, so it must not be readily removable. Any input is appreciated.
Are you talking about this thing?

Outdoorsmans Long range Rear Rifle Support

I ccan't see myself dragging something like that into the field.

Are you looking for standing/kneeling support or for prone?

Yes that's it, minus the plate thingy on the pan head. I would use just a single yoke instead of that. The way I see it I'm already "dragging the tripod in the field" so with the addition of essentially one more leg to my tripod I could have a real portable shooting bench anywhere. It looks to be mostly suited to the sitting position.

Yes that's it, minus the plate thingy on the pan head. I would use just a single yoke instead of that. The way I see it I'm already "dragging the tripod in the field" so with the addition of essentially one more leg to my tripod I could have a real portable shooting bench anywhere. It looks to be mostly suited to the sitting position.
If It were me I'd want a free standing monopod on the back end.

With the rear support being anchored to one of the legs of the tripod instead of directly to the ground it's building in some flex/instability on both ends.

There are a ton of different fully adjustable rifle monopods on the market already and so again if it were me that's the way I'd go vs this type of set up.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.