Origin & Bartlein or SR3 & PROOF?

Which barreled action to start a hunting build?

• Origin & Bartlein carbon fiber

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • SR3 & PROOF Carbon fiber

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters
Correct. The Proof carbon blank is more expensive than the Bartlein. I guess I missed the prefit part. don't buy prefits so maybe the prefit Proof is less than a Bartlein plus smith work?

Correct. The Proof carbon blank is more expensive than the Bartlein. I guess I missed the prefit part. don't buy prefits so maybe the prefit Proof is less than a Bartlein plus smith work?
Correct. Speaking specifically to CFW barrels below.

Proof blank $729
Proof prefit $829

Bartlein blank $700
Bartlein prefits aren't available from Bartlein to my knowledge.

I've read all I can about the Origin vs the TL3/SR3 and I dont think I would be unhappy with the origin at all.

I can get both barreled actions made for about the same $. Is it better to step up the action or step up the barrel?
I would have to disagree here as I have 5 proof barrels now and they are all tack drivers. I still like my steel barrels as well and I have not had a chance to try a bartlein CF Barrel yet but I do love their steel barrels.

That was my first choice. The proof prefits are currently not available for the origin. I would need to order a blank and have it fit making the proof the same $ as the bartlein.

Proofs are available for the SRS though.
Call evolved ballistics He may have one. I literally built an origin with a proof prefit 2 months ago and it's a hammer. 10 group average of 3 shots is .405" with a 140vld. Proof barrels shoot very good

You know what at this point just go with a TL3/SR3 and the proof. Don't have to wait on a smith to machine a barrel and I haven't heard any horror stories on a proof.

or ball out and got TL3/SR3 and a bartlein

I've heard Keystone accuracy can church out a shouldered prefit pretty quickly. Priced really well also.

Here's my TL3- just waiting on my triggertech to magically show up. It's in the USPS mess right now.

F4D4D938-2451-456E-9002-60C3486A92F4.jpeg
F2A3D6AC-00EC-43C3-A814-8CDF3F923AC8.jpeg
60A70186-AA9D-4A2A-B5A0-841470A691A5.jpeg

So it was a dead tie between the two options so I mixed and matched. I ended up with and Origin action w/ a Hunts recoil lug and a proof barrel. The barrel is cut for the SR3/TL3 so I have the option of upgrading the action later if I want and keeping my barrel or if I like the origin opening up the options for both actions prefits.

Its all dry fit together before it heads to the Smith for some final fitting touches and bedding.

Attachments

• 20210121_104027.jpg
    20210121_104027.jpg
    531 KB · Views: 79
Good call. I have sr3 and origins and I only got the sr3 for the Wyatt's cut. You'll be more than happy with your setup.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts