Optic/Glass quality Swarovski EL Range vs Vortex Fury 5000 vs Leica HD-B 3000

95huskers

Ranked on optics quality alone, which of the three range finding binoculars have the best glass? Swaro, Vortex Fury, or Leica HD-B? And is the difference significant?

I haven't looked through the Swaro, but the Leica are significantly better than the Vortex to my eyes. I tried to talk myself into the Vortex to save some money, but couldn't do it.

If I didn't just pick up the 2200's last year, I'd be all over the Leica 3000's that are going for $2k. Those are easily the best deal for range finding binos out there right now.

Leica warranty is so bad I won't buy anything from them. Love my geovids but their days are numbered in my hand . Sent a spotting scope in for repair and got a $500 bill to repair a scratched lense. The optics industry has come too far to invest in expensive optics with terrible warranties.

I have the fury 5000 and love the rangefinder portion. I have compared the glass at Cabelas and sportsman's with swaro and the swaro has the better glass by far to my eyes. Price difference is huge though. No experience with the newer Leica

Leica warranty is so bad I won't buy anything from them. Love my geovids but their days are numbered in my hand . Sent a spotting scope in for repair and got a $500 bill to repair a scratched lense. The optics industry has come too far to invest in expensive optics with terrible warranties.

After the experience I had with Leica a few years ago I will NEVER buy another one of their products!

To answer your question....I would say that the Swaro and Leica are the same.

I have been able to try a few. I ended up with the lieca 2200's then just replaced those with the hdb3000's last Jan.
Now I'm kinda upset to see that price. Lol
They are as good as it gets in my book.
I would have been smarter to buy swaro because I could use my Cabela's points for them but thought the liecas were better in the field to my eyes.
Keep in mind that's my eyes.
I've heard mixed reviews on warranty. Heard horror stories but the only experience I had with them was a good one.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.