Zeiss Victory RF vs Leica Geovid HD-B 3000

hwy1strat

I have finally had it with the bino/rangefinder shuffle every time I see an animal, so I want a rangefinding bino. I want the buy once cry once option and these two seem to be it. The swaro's are out because the rangefinder isn't up to snuff with these other two (so I have read). I can't find any reviews that put these two against each other and no stores near me have either one of these binos for me to put my hands on. I am interested in anyone that has put their hands on both and what your opinions are.

I've been wondering the same. I had a pair of the original Zeiss rangefinder binoculars but decided to give Leica 3000s a try. Never had a complaint on the Zeiss (10x) but opted for the lighter Leicas. Would like to see how the new models compare from LR hunters perspective.

I haven't used the Zeiss but have the original HD-B's for years and will say they are spot on to ~800 yards, sometimes a little further, when compared to a G7BR2 and Sig Kilo2400AM, but they don't have spindrift or wind calculations. You have to change micro SD cards to change profiles as only one profile can be stored in the unit at a time(at least in the early model I have) and programming the card can be difficult unless you take a laptop to the range to adjust the inputs on the card to your drops while shooting. It was a pain but it is accurate once you get it dialed in.
Believe me, I know what you mean, i was going back and forth from a 7x rangefinder to my 12x Swaro binos and having a hard time finding a deer in the rangefinder at 1,100 yards, then going back to the rifle. He needed to come another 100 feet to be on my side of the fence but never did.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.