Opti-logic rangefinder review

Preda8or

I have been using a opti-logic 1000lh rangefinder for a while and I'm very impressed to say the least, not to say it doesn't have its shortcomings. The opti-logic's a little bigger than some of the newer units but is pretty thin and fits perfectly in a BDU pocket. Next there is no magnification but the only time this hurts is when the target is at extreme ranges and there are no landmarks near the target.The reddot sighting system can be held very still on the target and can be seen even in very low-light conditions. Now for the good part this thing ranges like nothing I have ever seen. It ranges better than any rangefinder I have ever compared it to, Which includes Bushnell yardage pro legend, yardage pro 1000, Elite 1500 and leica 1200. We have ranged a lot of objects with it but what really impressed me with it is I can range bare trees at 1400 yards, not once in a while but every time. It's as if it doesn't need anything reflection to range objects at longer ranges. The XT and LH both have angle-compensation and the LH has a degree reading and some other options. They are made in the USA (Tullahoma,Tennessee)and you can actualy speak to and understand the people who are building the units. So if you every get a chance try one out.

I have an 800 sounded great but I only used it twice
No magification, is a big deal if you plan to shoot longrange
So if anyone would like to buy a like new opti-logic let me know. I now own a lecia 1200 great unit, I am hoping to hear good thing about the new leupold rangefinder

[ QUOTE ]
I have an 800 sounded great but I only used it twice
No magification, is a big deal if you plan to shoot longrange
So if anyone would like to buy a like new opti-logic let me know. I now own a lecia 1200 great unit, I am hoping to hear good thing about the new leupold rangefinder

[/ QUOTE ]

It happens again. One fella says one thing, the next indicates the opposite. Again this indicates to me that personal preferences AND specific performance expectations and possible unit to unit variations cloud the issue.

Larry,
Disregarding magnification, which of your units consistently ranges the greater distances in side by side tests?

Secondly, how much for the Opti-logic or I could trade you a couple of teenagers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Preda8or, I agree.
I have an Opti-Logic 1000 XT and have had great luck with it to 1150 yds. Ranged an antelope at 675 yds, out in the wide open flat praire on a sunny day and dropped him, 1st shot. Freinds have others brands and mine does much better past 400 yds. They are only $350-$400.
http://store.opti-logic.com/ancolara.html

I scratched my lense, tried to wipe mud out with my finger-wrong, sent it to them and came back in a week, all fixed and cleaned up for $15. Great service!

They have 1500 yard golf models. I wonder if there would be any difference in the golf versus hunting model? I am seriously thinking about buying one of these. I was going to get the Leupold, til reviews on that mess came out. Is there anymore people with experience with these?

Sean

bump...

who the **** can whack a golfball 1500yds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

did you grab one of these yet.

im considering the same thing.

I bought a new Opti-logic 800XT at a gun show a few years back, about $100-$130 less than the Leica 1200 at the time, the guy selling them also sold the 1200 Lieca's, but claimed the Opti-ligic's where better ranging on animals.

It seemed to work good, ranged trees to 700-800 yards, and buildings to over 1000.. you could NEVER range an Animal past 600-700 yards unless it was a Moose or you have better than 20/20 eyesight as it had no magnification.

I know any product can go wrong, I just had bad luck with this unit.
It just stopped working after 4 or 5 hunts, I took good care of it, I called the company around the first part or 2006, (or over 6 months ago), and I sent them the unit and a money order, and I still have not heard from them.
$380 down the drain...
I have learned a leason, listen to the people on the fotrums. esp here.. if you see something that is an off brand not too many people talk or hear about it, you are risking it..
I should have dished out the extra $130 for the Leica... my next unit will either be a Lieca 1200 or a Swaro 1500..
good luck
scotty

Get the Swarovski it will out range the Leica by a considerable margin at least that is my experience with the Leica that I hadcompaired to my Swaro.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.