opti-logic rangefinders

Important note:

The rangefinder is only 1x

I can't see that as any good except for bowhunters.

Jeff: no problem. Not needed! Glad to answer whatever ?'s I can.

John: I don't want to be arguementatitve. 1. What value do you see in magnification? 2. Are you willing to give up visibility range, and accuracy for magnification?

I'm honestly interested in your answers.

thanks to you all!

Mike, how can you range 400 or 500 or even 300 yards with a 1x rangefinder? It seems to me that the target will be too small.

Thanks
John

John:
of course, depending on target size. we use telephone poles as check points for most ranges. they're visible. Sure, a bit more difficult at longer ranges, but still clear and easily viewable - a deer or larger animal will be visible - a woodchuck? I don't think so. there IS an advantage to magnification but for every plus there's a minus (some larger than others - no pun intended). We would like to have a mag system but so far we haven't found one good enough (i know that sounds "corporate" but it's true) for our rangefinders.

Here's something that may be of interest to y'all: As are many companies, we continue to retain our development and manufacturing in the USA. To advance our current technology and continue to develop new technology and manufacture here, we are looking for additional financing from company or private sources. in return we're offering an attractive payback. If some one or more of you out there have an interest in investing in a progressive, aggressive USA manufacturer of technical products, we'd enjoy hearing from you. Give Dr. Patrick Murphy a call and discuss it.

We thank you all for this platform. I hope the information is useful to you! Ask away!

Regards,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Oh, yes. you should be able to hit a deer at 600 yards with all the 1000 yard models. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So will they range a deer & 600 or not?

What is the height and width (in inches) of the "vertical stripe" beam, say, at 500 yards?

[ 08-12-2004: Message edited by: Zod ]

if i said yes and the conditions were not stipulated then i would be liable, wouldn't I? there are too many variables to give a definitive yes or no. it's just not possible. but GENERALLY speaking the answer should be yes.

i think i answered the quesiton previously but in case not, here it is again.the divergence of the beam vertically is:

Vertical Axis -- 3.5mrad half-angle divergence;
Horizontal Axis -- 1mrad half-angle divergence;
(Approximate Beam "footprint" at 100m is 35cm x 5cm)

rangefinders are like bows or guns. everyone has their favorite for any variety of reasons. thank you for allowing us to present ours to your group.

Cordially,

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.