Opinions requested....

MTGunner

I am looking to purchase a new 7MM Magnum, bolt action rifle. It will be a 7MM mag due to lots of reloading experience and sufficient dies, components and more. I am researching a rifle that has a synthetic stock, 24"-26" bbl., muzzle brake, prefer stainless but wrapped bbl. would be OK. Not looking to break the bank but a good quality, accurate, light weight shooter would be a consideration. Did I say light weight? Prefer no more than 7 pounds without base, rings and scope.
This will be my last rifle purchase, have said this before, due to my age of 75 years and counting. This rifle will be passed down to our only grandchild/grandson who has some hunting experience and is looking to hunt with his old grandad in the future.
Thank you all for your valuable input. MTG

I am looking to purchase a new 7MM Magnum, bolt action rifle. It will be a 7MM mag due to lots of reloading experience and sufficient dies, components and more. I am researching a rifle that has a synthetic stock, 24"-26" bbl., muzzle brake, prefer stainless but wrapped bbl. would be OK. Not looking to break the bank but a good quality, accurate, light weight shooter would be a consideration. Did I say light weight? Prefer no more than 7 pounds without base, rings and scope.
This will be my last rifle purchase, have said this before, due to my age of 75 years and counting. This rifle will be passed down to our only grandchild/grandson who has some hunting experience and is looking to hunt with his old grandad in the future.
Thank you all for your valuable input. MTG
It is hard to recommend not knowing your actual budget but let me start you with this, https://www.kimberamerica.com/mountain-ascent.

Last edited:
I will recommend the last two bolt action rifles manufacturers I have bought
First is Tikka. I own two (discontinued) Tikka T3 Lites. One in 300wsm and one in 6.5x55. No idea why I bought the 6.5x55 other than it was at a price so good I couldn't pass it up. Both shoot 5 shot 100 yard sub MOA groups with my handloads. Both took very little trying to find a sub moa reload.
Two of my friend's liked my Tikkas so much they bought their own in 300wm. I've seen both rifles shoot MOA or sub MOA with Federal Premium ammo. My 300wsm Tikka shoots sub moa with cheap Federal Power shock factory ammo.
Second is Bergara. I currently own two Bergara rifles. One is the Cascade in 450BM the other the B14R in 22lr. Both shoot extremely well. The Cascade is a no BS sub MOA rifle with 8 of the 9 reloads I shot out of it. The B15R has been sub MOA at 50 yards with every 22lr ammo I fed it except CCI SV.

Both are sub $1k rifles and the Tikka is one of the lightest factory rifles you can buy.
I am 100% satisfied with both and I feel they are worth your consideration.

Kimber would fit the bill for the weight you are looking for but no one will enjoy shooting it.

I would highly recommend looking at a Springfield waypoint 2020

My wife's 20 year old Tikka still shoots moa @ 400 yds. I purchased a Tikka superlite in 7mm-08 this summer. I load 162ELDM with 8202xbr.
60E78E4B-6A77-4636-8ECD-568A81187D2C.jpegNot to bad for an off the shelf rig.

Tikka makes a T3x super lite in 7mm mag. You can get a sub 7 pound stainless rifle with a fluted barrel and a reputation for consistent accuracy. I believe I have seen them in the $800 range so they are relatively affordable as well. I have all of the rifles I'm ever likely to need but I've considered buying one myself. I can't justify another new rifle to fill a non-existent lineup hole…yet

Tikka makes a T3x super lite in 7mm mag. You can get a sub 7 pound stainless rifle with a fluted barrel and a reputation for consistent accuracy. I believe I have seen them in the $800 range so they are relatively affordable as well. I have all of the rifles I'm ever likely to need but I've considered buying one myself. I can't justify another new rifle to fill a non-existent lineup hole…yet
Sure would like to find one of those Tikkas in our neck of the woods, neighbor. Would you like to tell me where you actually seen them ? It wouldn't by chance happen to be at the Sportsmans Warehouse in Chambersburg ?