Opinions requested....

I am looking to purchase a new 7MM Magnum, bolt action rifle. It will be a 7MM mag due to lots of reloading experience and sufficient dies, components and more. I am researching a rifle that has a synthetic stock, 24"-26" bbl., muzzle brake, prefer stainless but wrapped bbl. would be OK. Not looking to break the bank but a good quality, accurate, light weight shooter would be a consideration. Did I say light weight? Prefer no more than 7 pounds without base, rings and scope.
This will be my last rifle purchase, have said this before, due to my age of 75 years and counting. This rifle will be passed down to our only grandchild/grandson who has some hunting experience and is looking to hunt with his old grandad in the future.
Thank you all for your valuable input. MTG
All my stupidity about the .300 win mag aside, as has been iterated by many: if you wanna spend a bit less, tikka seems like the easy button. If you're down for spending more, kimber. And if going for the lightest weight (which will also preclude an especially long barrel) I think a .280 AI makes the most sens for a cartridge

Calvin45, had a 280AI built on a Rem. 700 Sendero platform. It shot bug hole groups. But, weighed in at better than 11#. Yep, sold it. I only blooded it twice in TX. Have looked a Kimber 280AI Ascent. Plain junk in my opinion.

Calvin45, had a 280AI built on a Rem. 700 Sendero platform. It shot bug hole groups. But, weighed in at better than 11#. Yep, sold it. I only blooded it twice in TX. Have looked a Kimber 280AI Ascent. Plain junk in my opinion.
I have no experience with anything kimber (out of my league) but I've only heard good things. But if that was your impression of them trust your gut!

I have no experience with anything kimber (out of my league) but I've only heard good things. But if that was your impression of them trust your gut!
I only have one Kimber, an 84 Hunter in .30-06 that I re-chambered in .30 Gibbs (https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/30-gibbs-is-finally-ready.242088/), and I am very pleased with it.
My kid reminded me last night that I've told him the rifle we enjoy shooting and shoot well is what matters not what other people think is cool🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
I was looking at custom actions at the time🤦🏻‍♂️
Exactly! Going custom is the way to go; you can choose the component you like. Hopefully, Dave finishes my rifle soon, and you get to see it and perhaps shoot it.
IMHO a rifle is a deeply personal thing. The ability to shoot well has come a long way in the last 10 or so years from many of the factory offerings. Fit, feel, and look is something that only can be determined by the individual. Good luck in your search.
10-4!

I am looking to purchase a new 7MM Magnum, bolt action rifle. It will be a 7MM mag due to lots of reloading experience and sufficient dies, components and more. I am researching a rifle that has a synthetic stock, 24"-26" bbl., muzzle brake, prefer stainless but wrapped bbl. would be OK. Not looking to break the bank but a good quality, accurate, light weight shooter would be a consideration. Did I say light weight? Prefer no more than 7 pounds without base, rings and scope.
This will be my last rifle purchase, have said this before, due to my age of 75 years and counting. This rifle will be passed down to our only grandchild/grandson who has some hunting experience and is looking to hunt with his old grandad in the future.
Browning x bolt just bought one1350 out the door

Seekins, saw these at Scheels. Have little information in this regard but worth a look. Thanks again. MTG
Get a Seekins! Amazing rifles with even better customer service. I have two - a PH2 in .300 PRC and a Havak Element in 6.5 PRC. I very recently broke the Element through nobody's fault but my own. I sent it back to Seekins, and they sent me a brand new one! No questions asked. My Seekins are couple of the most accurate rifles I own and the Element, even at 5.5 lbs, is not unpleasant to shoot. Both of my rifles shoot around 1/2 MOA. Go with the full size PH2 if you're looking for a longer barrel at a more affordable price. You'll be happy with it.

If you want something cheaper than the Seekins, go with a Tikka. DO NOT recommend Kimber. Their QC is not up to par and their customer service is not good. Kimber's warranty is good for one year for the original owner only, and they mean it, even if a rifle is defective due to their shoddy workmanship. If your grandkids ever have problems with it, Kimber won't help them. Check out their warranty pages and see for yourself who stands behind their product-

Howdy, hope your having a great day. I would take my grandson to local gun shop or box store and look at guns with him. Your heart will tell you what to get. Sounds like grandpa and grandson might have a special Christmas. God Bless. Happy hunting. 👌😉