Opinions on cutting edge bullets ?

I like them. I hunt with handguns, and light, high BC bullets help overcome the disadvantage of a short barrel.

I've been messing around with their 358 150gr raptor in 357 Max. Still have a lot to do and I haven't taken any game with them, but based on what I've seen so far it should be a solid long range option that's legal in Ohio.

For some reason I came into some .358 Win. brass. I have always built large capacity .35 caliber cartridges such as the .350 Wells Express on the .338-378 Weatherby case.

I changed direction and bought some of these:

.358 160gr ER (Extended Range) Raptor

I barreled an XP100 action with a 16" barrel for some reasonable range woods hunting for white tail. It's been tested out to 400 yards and I see no reason to go any further. Killed a nice doe with it at about 255 yards. Long shot for these woods as thick as they are.

I'm pretty sure I have other calibers on hand, I'm just not going to look right now.

:)

1689953875768.png

Groups really don't matter much when you're shooting single shots. It's your first shot that counts so I was shooting dots at 100 yards. Curiosity got me to shoot a couple of slow fire groups. Accuracy was running about 0.875" for 3 shots at 100 yards.

Accuracy ? What is bc of that bullet? Thanks. Gene
I haven't done any real accuracy testing yet (30 round group or 5x5 agg) due to the cost, but so far I'm getting around 1 MOA 5 shot average with a few different powders. Lil Gun was much worse. I expect I'll be in the 1.25-1.5 range with 25 or 30 round groups. That's pretty typical for my handgun, I'd expect better out of a rifle or something like an XP100.

Groups matter regardless of what you're doing, you just change how you shoot them if you care about your cold bore shot more than a string.

BC for the 150s is around .3. It's a hair less than the 160s. You can find the exact number on their website.

I just bought some of these for a test project:

.358 340gr SINGLE FEED MTH (Match/Tactical/Hunting) - 50ct

$94.99

1690032738906.png

350 Wells Express, 34" Hunter taper barrel.

:eek:

I shot their .355 160gr tipped bullet out of my 350 Legend last year but wasn't able to get on a deer. They shot extraordinarily well and the advertised BC seemed fairly accurate when I shot at 300 yards so I wouldn't hesitate using them.