Opinions on current rule for Classified posting

GUYS, TAKE A LOOK AT THE "SIGTALK" FORUM - 100 POSTS BEFORE YOU CAN USE THE CLASSIFIEDS!

AND - AND - It has got to be a 'genuine' post. WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS with a "welcome to this forum" OR ANYTHING you say to a new member IS NOT-NOT- CONSIDERED A POST!!! It's tough to do, believe me! I thought that I'd never get there!!!

BCD 45

At several well know gun forums, I have OVER 6000+ posts and use the classifieds A LOT! And I've ran into quite a few "would be scammers" - more than I like to see!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When buying or selling, I have different things I do when it's a new member - a member with very few posts - OR when I'm
suspicious of a person or a deal.

***WHEN BUYING*** - If I encounter anything suspicious when I have them on line, I will ask for an uncommon picture of some sort & allow them 30 minutes to send it to me. FOR EXAMPLE: I'll ask for a picture of the item with their driver's license standing up just on the right of the item AND with a table knife & spoon laying across each other in front of the item. This only takes them a few minutes to do & if they refuse to do this simple act - I WON'T BUY THE ITEM!!!!!

***WHEN SELLING*** - I always offer to send them a copy of my current state ID with a picture + to provide them with people's names & email address as references. Plus I do anything with-in reason that they wish of me.

I feel like I have avoided several scammers using this method.

Thank you all & the BEST OF LUCK to each & every one of you,

~ Jim D.
BCD 45
SE TEX.