Opinions between which rifle to get and why

Which rifle

• Total voters

MontanaOutdoorsman406

I have decided to get a .270 Win for my next rifle and I'm torn between two rifles one is the Weatherby Vanguard Wilderness which has a 24 inch fluted barrel and a nice bc stock and has a sub moa guarantee. The other rifle is a Tikka T3x in the lite model it is slightly lighter than the Vanguard and has a 22 inch barrel and also has a sub moa guarantee I had a tikka and a vanguard in the past and both shoot good giving a slight edge to the tikka do you think I will be handicapping the 270 with the 22 inch barrel since the whole point of a 270 is high velocity. Thank you for any responses.

Both are good rifles. I've always thought the tikka synthetic stocks could be stiffer on the forend so I'd go with the vanguard. I have one with a boyds stock on it and it shoots great. I'm also not a huge fan of 22" barrels unless your rocking a 308.

Tikka rifles are awesome but most end up swapping out the stock. After experience with both , ID go with the Tikka, even if you don't like the stock.

Vanguard rifles are a great choice also, but I would also swap out the stock. Just personal preference.

Both are good rifles. I've always thought the tikka synthetic stocks could be stiffer on the forend so I'd go with the vanguard. I have one with a boyds stock on it and it shoots great. I'm also not a huge fan of 22" barrels unless your rocking a 308.
I ended up going with the vanguard for the nicer stock and longer barrel thank you

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.