Which factory 22-250 rifle to get?

A couple more nice .22-250s: 1. Tikka Varmint; just saw one for $749, but not the stainless model which is getting scarce. Bell & Carlson now offers an M-40 style stock for the Varmint. 2. The 2015 special edition Remington CDL-SF. 24" stainless, fluted barrel and a decent walnut stock; if I get one I'll put the stock away and use a B&C I have for everyday hunting/shooting. Slow twist, though, like the Tikka. Probably just under a grand.

That savage model 12's are definitely top of the line for a factory 22-250 and you can get one in 1-9" which is awesome....but (I might get drop kicked for this one) Ruger has their predator model in 22-250 with a 1-10" barrel for only $399. 22" Hammer forged barrel and its threaded.
Im going to pick one up just cause its so inexpensive and all Ive heard are excellent reviews from these rugers for budget rifles.
They even make one in 6.5 creedmore! Im getting either the 22-250 or the 6.5..for only $400 its a no brainer. But if you want a heavy super quality rifle than the Savage LRP is the one to get

A couple more nice .22-250s: 1. Tikka Varmint; just saw one for $749, but not the stainless model which is getting scarce. Bell & Carlson now offers an M-40 style stock for the Varmint. 2. The 2015 special edition Remington CDL-SF. 24" stainless, fluted barrel and a decent walnut stock; if I get one I'll put the stock away and use a B&C I have for everyday hunting/shooting. Slow twist, though, like the Tikka. Probably just under a grand.

The CDL-SF is a nice rifle. Of the 2 listed, and if you are planning on modifying it in the future, the 700 will be the way to go, as the aftermarket parts for them are virtually endless. I am a 700 fan, and have been my whole life, so, I am a little bias towards them...And those CDL-SF rifles are VERY nice. I have thought about getting one in 7mm RemMag and .257 Wby just to keep in the boxes as collector's items.

I have a 12 LRP in 243 and I love it. Comes with a HS stock with the aluminum bedding block from the factory. It shoots .5 moa or slightly better under normal circumstances. Do be warned though they are quite heavy. Mine has a leupold vxIII 6-20x50 and a harris 6-9 and it weighs right at 14 pounds. My best group to date is .115 at 100 but that was a one time deal and it was nothing more than a fluke. The only real down side for me is that it is quite muzzle heavy but I got used to it. O and as far I can tell I wouldn't change the trigger for anything, it is VERY nice for a factory trigger. I haven't checked the weight on my trigger but I would ges it to be 15-20 oz right out of the box.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.