Opinion on group shape

Codum

Always trying to learn and get better. Thoughts on this group shape. Winds were light?? Last shot was the top left, but can't recall the others in order.
IMG_3408.jpeg

Diagonal can typically be fixed with neck tension
Ok. I do anneal between every firing, I have a Forster FL BR die without a expander ball, I use a L.E. Wilson expanding mandrel die (.2755 is what it measures with my micrometer). The 4-5 thou that is being mentioned?? Is this suggesting the neck diameter be 4-5 thou smaller than the bullet diameter? .277- 5 thou = .272 for neck reamer size. My neck tension is too loose?

More rounds on target is the first place to start. It might round out over many rounds. Trigger pull is the next thing to look at. A slight inconsistency in trigger pull often leads to horizontal stringing. If you're going to test things like neck tension test it hard with 25+ round groups. It's very easy to mistake noise for a change with low round count groups, especially when you're chasing the last little bit of precision.

Ok. I do anneal between every firing, I have a Forster FL BR die without a expander ball, I use a L.E. Wilson expanding mandrel die (.2755 is what it measures with my micrometer). The 4-5 thou that is being mentioned?? Is this suggesting the neck diameter be 4-5 thou smaller than the bullet diameter? .277- 5 thou = .272 for neck reamer size. My neck tension is too loose?
It could be too loose and yes 4-5 smaller. I wouldnt just jump too that though. Id go in .001 increments. See if it comes together. If you dont shoot real far id leave it. But if you just like tinkering thats what i would do.

I agree with biednick Load up a larger sample size and re shoot. How many rounds in the barrel? How many firings on the brass? My FTR riffle never shot amazing until I had the brass fully fire formed with two shootings. Then I did another seating depth test and found a real nice group.