Open Carry In Oklahoma

Halmech

Today Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin signed into law the Open Carry Bill. CCL holders are now allowed to open carry also. One more victory in the fight for our Second Amendment Rights. Thank You to Governor Fallin and all who worked so hard to get this made into law. The new law will go into effect November 1, 2012.

Good deal. We have some legislation pending here in Michigan concerning the current law that requires a buyer of a handgun to take a written test and apply for a 10 day permit to purchase (if the buyer don't hold a valid CCW).

Prior to my concealed carry I was a regular at the Sheriff's office. They actually knew my name when I came in. The test is a true/false, completely lame piece of paper with 10 dummy questions, I know I took it soo many times and paid the 5 buck fee so many times as well.

The legislation will eliminate that. However, a CCW holder still can't open carry in Michigan while, interestingly, a non CCW holder can.

In today's political climate, open carry in public can be a recipe for disaster so I lean toward concealed only. Too many 'good citizens' out there ready to call local LE if they see a unconcealed pistol. I certainly would not want the harassment IMO.

SidecarFlip, Sir, I dont have my CCL yet but would like to get it in the near future. I agree I wouldnt want to run to town with my sidearm exposed either, I would rather conceal it also. I think the reason CCL holders are so glad to see it pass is because they dont have to worry so much about accidental exposure, or complete concealment during the summer time when it is too hot to wear coats and such. Most share your view and would rather conceal. I am glad to see it pass because it is the expansion of our 2nd Amendment Right and now we have the freedom to choose how we carry rather than the government telling us we have to carry this way.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.