One scope for two barrels

timl

I have a T/C encore, 223 bbl and .50 muzzleloader. I'm thinking of buying one scope, matching rings and bases, so I can switch it between both barrels. Does anyone do this? Any info, experience, opinions will be appreciated!

I think the leupold quick release rings would work for you. There are a few others out there but leupold is the easiest to find. Then you leave the rings on the scope and just two levers and move it to a different base.

Lazylabs idea will work , as will a set of weaver rings and mounts. BUT the scope is gonna have to be re zeroed each time its swapped.

The beauty of the encore is that you can change calibers and never have to re site your scope when you have one on each barrel.

I use the quick detach on an Encore and they do work, but have to be zeroed for each gun. Its not that hard actually, I mark the positions of the zeroes and am able to switch between barrels. If you were to switch between muzzleloader and centerfire, it might be very hard to mark marks to return to zero by since the drop is considerably different between the two. My two are a 243 ackley and a 6.5 swedish for varmints. I just had to zero each once and remember the clicks to return to zero and test fire to make sure, it hasnt failed yet. Good luck
Stacy

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts