on its way

A Train

just placed an order on a savage 12 lrp in .260rem. cant wait to get it set up and start shooting. any starting pionts on loads would help thanks.:)

Lapua brass, 139grn lapua scenars or 140 bergers touching the lands, 47.5grns H4831sc, CCI BR2 or fed 210M primers.

I think you'll like it. Mine likes amaxes with 43 gr of h4350 fed match primers. I just picked up some bergers this weekend and I've had 200 pieces of lapua brass I havnt gotten around to yet either. Let us know what you end up with load wise. Hopefully your wait time isn't as bad as mine was! Congrats on the new toy

shot some loads today. i had the best group with 42.6gr h4350 142 sierra match kings and rem. 91/2 primmers rem brass. the group was .540. sorry i dont have the time or patience to post pics.

Im using 123gr Hornady Amax's and 123 gr Lapua HPBT's over a load of Varget.

All Lapua brass

Ive got some 95 gr and 100gr Hornadys also Ive yet to load and try out

Hey .540 right out of the gate is Not Too Shabby!!

I keep on hand, and use, Remington primers but to be honest I have better luck over all with Winchester LR, Wolf LR, and Federal 210M.

Keep a strain on it!
Gary

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.