Omen

snox801

Anyone have experience with the omen from Nemo arms. I'm looking at a 300wm for my next build. The more I use my AR's the more I really like them. So just wondering if anyone has experience with one. Think it may be the way for me to go for my 1000 + - yard gun

6,000.00 for an ar platform 22" barrel seems way over the top for me when you can get a complete custom from any of the top manufacturers in a bolt gun for far less.

Yes there's a novelty and cool factor to such a weapon but it's certainly not one I'd want to be packing for a long range hunt.

All points I was think already. Price vs custom also barrel length. I'm not sure Iwill even get it but thinking for that price they may make one with a longer barrel. Very cool gun but needs longer barrel.

the 300win/wsm cartridges really don't fall to 30-06 speeds until you get to a 14" bbl. or so. My Pop's striker in 300wsm still runs '06 speeds with the 14" bbl on it. It may take a bit more work to find a load that delivers, but a 22" bbl. 300win isn't that bad...

I'd buy one to play with it but I don't have that kind of scratch to play with a rifle I don't really need at present.

It's a cool rifle and all but as others have said, there are far better options for a 1000 yard rig. And for about half the cost with optics...

Just thinking of my next rifle. Not sure I would carry it a ton as I have other rifles for that. It would be a short walking rifle at most. Looks lime a cool toy but would like to use it for some 1000 1200 yards work. It won't be till next year probably. Just not sure if I should spend the extra cash or use that for hunting.

A buddy of mine just bought one a few months ago - He bought the "Watchman" in 300wm. It has a 24", 1-8 twist barrel. I can say that is the most comfortable 300wm I've ever fired. bullet velocity is on par with his 300wm bolt gun. If you have the 7k then I say get it! You wont be disappointed!:Dgun)

A buddy of mine just bought one a few months ago - He bought the "Watchman" in 300wm. It has a 24", 1-8 twist barrel. I can say that is the most comfortable 300wm I've ever fired. bullet velocity is on par with his 300wm bolt gun. If you have the 7k then I say get it! You wont be disappointed!:Dgun)

That's what I'm looking for. I can do the seven grand if I get sold on it, but still not sure if the price jump compared to a bolt is worth the extra. Any idea how it does at 1000 yards?

That's what I'm looking for. I can do the seven grand if I get sold on it, but still not sure if the price jump compared to a bolt is worth the extra. Any idea how it does at 1000 yards?

Really depends on the barrel and scope... The round itself will get you there no problem.

Cool factors aside When I look at one of these I see two or three really nice bolt guns for the same money.

You can get a thousand yard capable 308, 260, or 6.5 CM in an AR platform put together for less than half what one of these runs if you just want something to play with and still have enough cash leftover for a nice 300wm, 300NM, or 300 Rum bolt gun.

Noreen is really there only competitor, and they are accurate. I have oned 2 Noreen rifles and have been happy with both. The only ones in my opinion are the 50BMG and the 338 Bad News.

For the standard 300 mag, 338 mag, 7mm mag I would consider the browning BAR. Very overlooked due to it does not wear the Assault rifle look. If I wanted one I would look at putting the forearm and buttstock of a FNAR on it. That would be a quality, accurate 300 Win Mag assault rifle for about $3500 less.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.