Old Test Load Found - Pull or Shoot?

Muddyboots

OK, found a test load with 300WM IMR 4831 with 180AB that somehow was hidden behind another caliber in storage. It was loaded 8/14/14 so it is 5 years old. What do you think the velocities, ES, SD would be like just sitting around? It is stored in cool dry environment. Think the values will be close to new loads? Pull and reload?
Thoughts?

When I was serving in the army 1962-65, We shot a lot of ammo that was manufactured in 1943-45. Stuff all went bang and kicked hard. There was no chronographs available to check velocity. I would shoot through a chronograph just to see if it is holding a low velocity span.
Check the necks on the cases too. If the neck tension was high it may have hardened the necks from sitting under tension. The necks may split on firing. I would anneal the brass just to extend the life of the cases.

I had a few go through the washer and dryer. I wrote on them with a marker washed loads. 35 whelen with h322 and barnes 180ttsx.Put them in a shell holder for a year then shot them at 100 yards. Appearently they didnt get wet. Shot just like the rest.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.