Old Hunter

jean naude

My name is Jean Naude from South Africa .
I have been involved in hunting since the age of 5.
i was borne on a farm and have been involved in EVERY aspect of farming .
I am touching 74 --- have been married for 47 years --- we have 3 sons --- and all are honest hunters and above average marksmen --- crazy about the outdoors .

Long Range Hunting is new for me . I am absolutely sold out on accuracy and i love guns.

Ihave just bought myself a Savage 10/110 Rifle in .338 Lapua Magnum and am busy sorting her out [ this is a real honest to GOD love affair ,

It is wonderfull to be amongst my own kind again and if you guys dont mind i am going to need all the help i can get !!

Welcome. You will fit in well here.
lightbulbWe might even need to get Len to set up an "EXTREME Age Group"..... for us who have robbed death over 40 times and are over 70.:rolleyes:

Come on ROY...hurry up.:D

Hi all you crazy GUN NUTS !!
70 ! Man at that age you slip into Turbo Overdrive and you crash the sound barrier
to pieces !!
The brain is a very powerfull Powder - mix . It pushes your body so fast you do not have time to be old . Age is 95% in the mind.

I have a 7x61 S & H in a make - over shop for restocking and rebarreling .
when i get it back in about 2 months time its gonna be a real Sweetypie and as deadly as a King Cobra . She has , amongst other game , 4 Buffalo and 2 Lions on her list .

It was real good to connect with you guys.
Old Hunter.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.