Old Hunter

safety fred

In the mid 70's we were killing rocks with 300 mags. as well as 7mm Rem Mags. at extremely long ranges. Now my wife of 26 yrs. purchased for me a 6.5 Creedmore model 11 LR hunter becaused i just mention it in passing. This is after I built for myself a 6.5 grendel in hopes of Pennsylvania legalizing semi auto rifles for hunting here, has not yet happened. Jeanne wanted me to try something different, my gunsmith has been a supporter of the 6.5's forever a very wise man. As winter breaks I will be returning to the longrange rock fields of many years as well as hunting varmits here in PA. Any help with loading this new rifle would be greatfully appreciated I call the Creedmore my old mans rifle.

I was so taken by the way it shoots My old trusted friend 300 Win custom stayed in the safe for the first time in over 40 years. I believe right now it is the most accurate rifle I own and it is box stock less the ugly knobs on the cheek piece. 1/2 to 3/8 are the norm at 100 yards

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts