Oklahoma City area machinists

TowerMonkey

Looking to get some milling work done to my Stag-10 upper receiver and bolt carrier in the OKC area.

I'd like to get a slot milled into the left side of the receiver and have the bolt drilled and tapped for a charging handle. Basically making a left charge, right eject setup.

I'd love if anyone had any machinists/smith's they could refer me to that are in the OKC area that could do the work. I. Not against sending the parts out for the work to be performed also if necessary.

"Professional" diagram attached 😁

Attachments

• 20230408_122933~2.jpg
    20230408_122933~2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
Anyone can slot the upper.
Fuhgeddabout drilling/tapping the bolt carrier. Hardened steel, not gonna happen.
Given you can pick up a side-charging BCG for about a hundred bucks, not worth the hassle anyway.

Looking to get some milling work done to my Stag-10 upper receiver and bolt carrier in the OKC area.

I'd like to get a slot milled into the left side of the receiver and have the bolt drilled and tapped for a charging handle. Basically making a left charge, right eject setup.

I'd love if anyone had any machinists/smith's they could refer me to that are in the OKC area that could do the work. I. Not against sending the parts out for the work to be performed also if necessary.

"Professional" diagram attached 😁

I haven't done a left port, but I make manual(no gas system) side charger handle assemblies, and machine the bolts to accept them.

Edit: this is for AR15's.

Attachments

• 20230630_140109.jpg
    20230630_140109.jpg
    764.3 KB · Views: 40
Straight pull back. Vast majority use no buffer or spring, but you can.

With buffer and spring, running the 10 round 60 second rapid fire in CMP/NRA sitting rapid fire with mandatory mag change is not a problem. Pull and let go, shoot accurately.

Your configuration is how they shoot AR15s in the UK. I shot in their match in London.

Nice machining

With buffer and spring, running the 10 round 60 second rapid fire in CMP/NRA sitting rapid fire with mandatory mag change is not a problem. Pull and let go, shoot accurately.

Your configuration is how they shoot AR15s in the UK. I shot in their match in London.

Nice machining
Exactly. The first one I made was for one of the US Palma Team members, a few years ago. I thought " this is dumb". Yeah, I now prefer it by far over a gassed AR. Doesn't beat up your brass, or fling it. Gun stays as clean as a bolt gun.
Most of us shoot them either slow fire sling, or for prairie dogs, single feed.

Exactly. The first one I made was for one of the US Palma Team members, a few years ago. I thought " this is dumb". Yeah, I now prefer it by far over a gassed AR. Doesn't beat up your brass, or fling it. Gun stays as clean as a bolt gun.
Most of us shoot them either slow fire sling, or for prairie dogs, single feed.

Now, you have me thinking about the no buffer/spring. In prone, with my bad shoulder, I could not even pull against the spring. If the NRA (I have to read up on the rulebook) allows side chargers in the mid range tactical class, no buffer/spring would put me back in the game.

Now, you have me thinking about the no buffer/spring. In prone, with my bad shoulder, I could not even pull against the spring. If the NRA (I have to read up on the rulebook) allows side chargers in the mid range tactical class, no buffer/spring would put me back in the game.
If you need a setup, just let me know.