OCW Test help

Try .004 and. 005 nk. tension.
You have less vertical with 80.7.
Your shooting a little wide if nk tension doesn't do it start lengthing your O.A.L .005 at a time

Thanks for the replies.

All of my brass is full length sized, annealed and necks have been turned. Neck tension is 0.003, and I use a Lee FCD after seating bullets. Seating depth test was performed from 0.020 off to 0.100 off in 0.010 increments, 0.050 off was the best.

I'm using the Micron dies from Bullet Central.

I'll head back to the 600 yard range with some loaded at 81.3 and see what that produces.
I have to correct myself on neck turning, I didn't realize what the term meant until I dug into it a little more over the last day or two. I'm chamfering, deburring and brushing the necks on a Lyman case prep center after every firing and trimming the necks with the Henderson precision neck trimmer as necessary, but haven't gotten setup yet for neck turning. Any recommendations for power neck turning tools and accessories?

in the meantime, I've run some brass back through the sizing die to increase neck tension, will see what that produces soon.

As an alternative to neck turning if you're not needing to go to the Nth depth of precision would be to use a neck sizing mandrel. Sizes necks from the inside and pushes imperfections in varying brass thickness to the OUTSIDE of the neck where it is less impactful to accuracy.

As an alternative to neck turning if you're not needing to go to the Nth depth of precision would be to use a neck sizing mandrel. Sizes necks from the inside and pushes imperfections in varying brass thickness to the OUTSIDE of the neck where it is less impactful to accuracy.
I watched a few videos on the mandrels, seems like a solid concept so I called 21st Century and they helped me decipher the parts I'd need to get setup with an expander die and variety of mandrels in 0.0005 increments, which I ordered late last week. The order showed up today, very impressed with the service and the quality of the product so far. I will post results when I can get back out to the range.

I watched a few videos on the mandrels, seems like a solid concept so I called 21st Century and they helped me decipher the parts I'd need to get setup with an expander die and variety of mandrels in 0.0005 increments, which I ordered late last week. The order showed up today, very impressed with the service and the quality of the product so far. I will post results when I can get back out to the range.
I've always found 21st Century's service to be top-notch too, with high quality products as well.