Help with OCW test

Are you giving it plenty of time to warm up then calibrating and zeroing it each time as per instructions? That's what I have to do with my RCBS to get it to weigh accurately.

Your ES is all over the place so I'm running through all the things in my head that can effect it. Neck tension would be the next place I look along with primers. What primer are you using?

I give the scale plenty of time to warm up. I'll have to start calibrating every time. I'm using CC1 250 primers and my neck tension is consistant.

No, everything affecting velocity is happening between the bullet and the brass.

You can hang a rifle suspended by wires or paracord and pull the trigger remotely and it won't affect MV.
Doesn't that break certain laws of physics? Equal and opposite reaction kinda stuff?

I can buy that some of the force is transmitted in a radial manner thru the brass into the sides of the chamber, BUT, some force is also transmitted BACK into the lugs and this force produces recoil. If a recoil velocity varies due to the mass it is reacting against, then velocity SHOULD be affected.

I am not saying that I am right in this respect, I am not sure to be truthful, but slinging any object any velocity will have a recoil factor per physics. Physics also states that any action will have an equal and opposite reaction. If the recoil velocity and amount varies.......where does that variance go?

I give the scale plenty of time to warm up. I'll have to start calibrating every time. I'm using CC1 250 primers and my neck tension is consistant.
If you haven't been recalibrating regularly things can get off in a hurry. Hopefully that's your problem because it's probably the easiest to fix.

Doesn't that break certain laws of physics? Equal and opposite reaction kinda stuff?
No, the rifle is pushed back by the shifting mass and ejecta from the muzzle once the bullet is gone. The latter makes up about 70" of recoil.

The force is occurring inside the barrel and the bullet will exit the barrel at the same velocity as it would being held tightly.

I can buy that some of the force is transmitted in a radial manner thru the brass into the sides of the chamber, BUT, some force is also transmitted BACK into the lugs and this force produces recoil. If a recoil velocity varies due to the mass it is reacting against, then velocity SHOULD be affected.
The bullet leaves the barrel at the same MV either way. Essentially this is a sealed pressure vessel and the pressure is released only when the bullet leaves the bore. Moving it doesn't and can't have any effect on MV once the primer is struck

I am not saying that I am right in this respect, I am not sure to be truthful, but slinging any object any velocity will have a recoil factor per physics. Physics also states that any action will have an equal and opposite reaction. If the recoil velocity and amount varies.......where does that variance go?
It is simply energy that is dispbursed into the air rather than into your shoulder or base of your Lead Sled.

Recoil forces push away from the direction of travel of the bullet whether you have a tight hold leaning hard into the bipod or just laying your cheek up there, relaxing and pulling the trigger. The forces acting on sending that bullet don't change with that movement.

No, the rifle is pushed back by the shifting mass and ejecta from the muzzle once the bullet is gone. The latter makes up about 70" of recoil.

The force is occurring inside the barrel and the bullet will exit the barrel at the same velocity as it would being held tightly.

The bullet leaves the barrel at the same MV either way. Essentially this is a sealed pressure vessel and the pressure is released only when the bullet leaves the bore. Moving it doesn't and can't have any effect on MV once the primer is struck

It is simply energy that is dispbursed into the air rather than into your shoulder or base of your Lead Sled.

Recoil forces push away from the direction of travel of the bullet whether you have a tight hold leaning hard into the bipod or just laying your cheek up there, relaxing and pulling the trigger. The forces acting on sending that bullet don't change with that movement.
Might wanna check the following thread. My foggy memory remembered that your HOLD does affect muzzle velocity, physics equations do in fact show that it does as well as some research on here as well.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/for...mount-velocity-affect-muzzle-velocity-181195/

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.