nxs vs shv

alaskan9974

I walked into the store looking for shotgun shells and came out with a 8-32 NXS and an ar50. I had wanted one for awhile but it was discounted below 3100 with a bipod.

I currently have a 4-14 SHV on my Savage Lapua. My plan is to swap glass and put the nxs on the lapua and move the SHV over to the ar. I sometimes use my Lapua out hunting and the zero stops will be a welcome feature.

Will the SHV hold up ok on the 50? I have a PST that I moved to my .308 because it was drifting on my lapua, so thats out for me.

Better check the eye relief on the SHV before you move it to a heavy hitter. My buddy's 4-14 is short.

That ar50 will be a pussycat. Brake is excellent and the weight really tames the rifle down. Excellent 50 cal. Just about as pleasant to shoot as that cartridge can be. Very nice shooting rifle too!

Got a buddy that has one; it may be as pleasant to shoot as a .50 can be but it still
comes back a bit...check the eye relief of your scope.

Got a buddy that has one; it may be as pleasant to shoot as a .50 can be but it still
comes back a bit...check the eye relief of your scope.
I don't imagine itll have the same slap as a 10lbs lapua loaded hot, haven't been marked yet and don't plan on it. I'll switch it around and keep that in mind.

Can't wait to get my 338 and 50 out at the same time and work up some loads. Just figured I'd see if anyone used the SHV on the 50, didn't know if the quality is different or just a lower price due to features or lack of.

If you break it I am sure NF will take care of you! I had a problem child F1 and they made it right as well as can be expected.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.