SHV vs NXS Nightforce scope?

I just hunted with it....this is on a savage 220...I spent a lot of time glassing with it. It has great low light abilities....the moar is great for me on this gun since I am only shooting 150 yards max. When I order an atacr for my lr rifle, I will for sure get the t.

Very bright scope compared to the simmons that was on it.

I am not sure of all the hate for the 56,,,,,i see some of your points...but wow...the larger 56 sure brightens things up. I really think its a trick the NF did to make their scopes appear to have better glass. It works.

All it matters is you're happy with it and works for you.lightbulb

+1 on the hate for the SHV in general. Brings me to a question: how many of you actually spend a lot of time taking long-range shots, and needing things like Zero Stop and 20 MOA revolutions on the turrets, etc? Maybe I got the wrong impression from the name, but I took these to be hunting forums, not something like snipershide or the like. I want to be able to do LR shooting sometimes but bought the SHV because it's a great scope with amazing light-gathering capabilities and a lot of the military-oriented Nightforce capability and features adapted for hunting, which my primary use for it. Is that not the norm here?

+1 on the hate for the SHV in general. Brings me to a question: how many of you actually spend a lot of time taking long-range shots, and needing things like Zero Stop and 20 MOA revolutions on the turrets, etc? Maybe I got the wrong impression from the name, but I took these to be hunting forums, not something like snipershide or the like. I want to be able to do LR shooting sometimes but bought the SHV because it's a great scope with amazing light-gathering capabilities and a lot of the military-oriented Nightforce capability and features adapted for hunting, which my primary use for it. Is that not the norm here?

Relax my friend! People are entitled to their opinions ... what you do with those opinions are entirely up to you. If you read the entire thread there is only one that is remotely negative but none used the word hate but the OP :D ... but it is now irrelevant because he's happy with his purchase and that's all it matters. :rolleyes:

The norm here is that there are LRH members that are far more knowledgeable and more experienced than I am that are always willing and able to share their experiences and help you. If you stick around long enough you'll know exactly who they are ... and there's plenty of them. lightbulb

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.