NX8 4-32x50 MOAR owners check In

I need to chime back in on this, I've done the 2.5-20 a discredit. I just picked an F2 Mil reticle 2.5-20 up from another member, and it's a much better scope than I remember and gave it credit for. Using a good rail, and good rings I'm very pleased with the eye box and eye relief. The somewhat heavier and less busy reticle is more to my liking for hunting too. I put on a Kenton generic mil elevation turret with larger numbers (pictured below next to an oem NF turret) for my aging eyes and it's a **** nice hunting optic. I'm definitely going to buy another 2.5-20. I've just created a reason for a new rifle to put underneath it.

Attachments

• IMG_5340.jpeg
    IMG_5340.jpeg
    519.6 KB · Views: 31
I need to chime back in on this, I've done the 2.5-20 a discredit. I just picked an F2 Mil reticle 2.5-20 up from another member, and it's a much better scope than I remember and gave it credit for. Using a good rail, and good rings I'm very pleased with the eye box and eye relief. The somewhat heavier and less busy reticle is more to my liking for hunting too. I put on a Kenton generic mil elevation turret with larger numbers (pictured below next to an oem NF turret) for my aging eyes and it's a **** nice hunting optic. I'm definitely going to buy another 2.5-20. I've just created a reason for a new rifle to put underneath it.
I have a couple of the F1's and I really believe some of the eye box issues are due to mounting difficulties since it's so short. Depending on your gun, it may be hard to get it where it's supposed to be.

I have a couple of the F1's and I really believe some of the eye box issues are due to mounting difficulties since it's so short. Depending on your gun, it may be hard to get it where it's supposed to be.
I agree. It takes just the right combination of rings and rail to get it right. I swapped the scope back and forth this morning from a short action Havak to a Model 70 express length action and had good luck getting the eye relief and eye box correct, but the model 70 was a very near thing. Little over 1/8" from the bottom of the bell to the rail with max ring spacing. I need to mention I had to go from 6 screw NF rings to 4 screw rings to get the room I needed.

Where did you get that turret? My eyesight needs help too!

Thanks!