NX8 4-32x50 MOAR owners check In

I need to chime back in on this, I've done the 2.5-20 a discredit. I just picked an F2 Mil reticle 2.5-20 up from another member, and it's a much better scope than I remember and gave it credit for. Using a good rail, and good rings I'm very pleased with the eye box and eye relief. The somewhat heavier and less busy reticle is more to my liking for hunting too. I put on a Kenton generic mil elevation turret with larger numbers (pictured below next to an oem NF turret) for my aging eyes and it's a **** nice hunting optic. I'm definitely going to buy another 2.5-20. I've just created a reason for a new rifle to put underneath it.

Attachments

• IMG_5340.jpeg
    IMG_5340.jpeg
    519.6 KB · Views: 34
I need to chime back in on this, I've done the 2.5-20 a discredit. I just picked an F2 Mil reticle 2.5-20 up from another member, and it's a much better scope than I remember and gave it credit for. Using a good rail, and good rings I'm very pleased with the eye box and eye relief. The somewhat heavier and less busy reticle is more to my liking for hunting too. I put on a Kenton generic mil elevation turret with larger numbers (pictured below next to an oem NF turret) for my aging eyes and it's a **** nice hunting optic. I'm definitely going to buy another 2.5-20. I've just created a reason for a new rifle to put underneath it.
I have a couple of the F1's and I really believe some of the eye box issues are due to mounting difficulties since it's so short. Depending on your gun, it may be hard to get it where it's supposed to be.

I have a couple of the F1's and I really believe some of the eye box issues are due to mounting difficulties since it's so short. Depending on your gun, it may be hard to get it where it's supposed to be.
I agree. It takes just the right combination of rings and rail to get it right. I swapped the scope back and forth this morning from a short action Havak to a Model 70 express length action and had good luck getting the eye relief and eye box correct, but the model 70 was a very near thing. Little over 1/8" from the bottom of the bell to the rail with max ring spacing. I need to mention I had to go from 6 screw NF rings to 4 screw rings to get the room I needed.

Where did you get that turret? My eyesight needs help too!

Thanks!

I'll give my 2 cents, I've got a few atacr's and nx8's, overall the nx8 checks so many boxes for me that no other scope does I keep going back to it. The atacr is immediately easier to get behind and has a view that at first glance seems cleaner. The better dof gives the initial illusion it may be a bit better even though it really isn't, it's just easier to get there in the atacr.

In the low powers the atacr tends to have less edge distortion and a cleaner image, but after 10x or so the nx8 really shines, the distortion is gone and the image gets better at power imo.

If you center up I personally like it better than the atacr's mainly due to the color/contrast, brighter image. Also keep in mind this is comparing a 50 to 56. Every nx8 I've had so far have all been brighter and have better contrast that the atacr's I've owned which all had the same warm flatter view, (for me meaning less bright with less pop).

Again, I love both scopes but the nx8 has so much versatility with the extreme power ranges, great glass with great color and contrast, fairly light while being durable and compact, large apparent fov's that doesn't tunnel like the atacr at low power. I mean the 2.5-20 and 4-32 pretty much covers it all imo for the most part.

They're not perfect but they're pretty d@mn close short of a bad sample.

1714410557602.jpeg

l

Last edited: