Now this should be illegal!

She has a few small rock chips that will clean up pretty easy.
63k for 14k, interior is flawless.
Seemed like a good buy.
RS/SS w/ sunroof and according to the sticker 900 bucks in dealer options, but it doesn't say what they are... tires maybe?
Either way, it's clean and runs great.

Attachments

• 20201215_203409.jpg
    20201215_203409.jpg
    612.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 20201215_203520.jpg
    20201215_203520.jpg
    769.4 KB · Views: 49
Couple more, not ideal conditions for cleaning up a car, but it was still fun.
It's nice to have something worth washing!

Attachments

• 20201215_142140.jpg
    20201215_142140.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
  • 20201215_142024.jpg
    20201215_142024.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 56
  • 20201215_203534.jpg
    20201215_203534.jpg
    810.6 KB · Views: 63
Congrats on your new ride. I have a 2011 as in red with carbon fiber bits here and there. Mine is modded a bunch and can be a hand full on the street. I'm running a supercharger and Kooks headers and exhaust. Sounds as fast as it is. Mine is a 6 speed too. A performance short throw shifter really helps compared to stock. I have a full Janetty Racing rearend and carbon fiber one piece drive shaft. Rear suspension is all after market. Gets rid of all the rubber bushings everywhere. It really hooks up now. I drove it to some 1000 yard matches. The trunk is huge and the back seats folded down holds all my gear with ease.
What did you have to do to the tranny?
Any issues with the headers getting too hot and ruining the starter or other parts?
I'm guessing you don't care much about the exhaust droning in the cab. I'm looking into exhaust, but really want it to sound stock....atleast close to stock inside.

You can have your "modern" muscle cars.... I'll stick with my '68 Barracuda (see the picture on my signature). Sure it is older with all that entails.... all original sheet metal, restified with a hot rod 340 4 speed.... Cannot wait to get it out again after the salt, ice and snow is off the roads,
Those are awsome cars. Post up some pics!

Barta the transmission itself holds up fine you just need to upgrade the clutch. Heat from the headers hang been an issue so far. Yes the exhaust drones. But at highway speed it doesn't. There are certain rpms that the drone cancels itself out. Thought about putting j tubes on the exhaust to get rid of the drone. But it only bad at around 50 and going up a little rise or hill. But if you drop it into 5th the rpm change gets rid of it. I would change to a different exhaust. I still love that sound when you turn the key and she comes to life.
Shep

Last edited:
Those are awsome cars. Post up some pics!
Here are some older pictures... car is still the same externally, just older, those are from my work before retiring and moving to northern Utah (wife's dream home) technical difficulties taking pictures and getting them on my pc today. I have removed the awkward alternator bracket assembly... (in process). No desire to drive it now, snow and ice on the ground here and will be for awhile.IMG_0048.JPGIMG_0049.JPGIMG_0049.JPGP9101168.JPG

Last edited:
All these photo chops.... gun owners dont have nice cars. We r ti busy buulding guns for toys like those... i call crap on all u all.... give back the neighbors cars guys... lol

Thanks Shep,
I'm thinking I'm just going to do a cai, cat backs, and a good tune. I don't want to make it too crazy, just wake it up a bit. If I can find the right cam that will run without making it too lopey, gain me a few without losing any day to day comforts, I might cam it up littleI, I really don't want any drone in the cab. Should get me few tenths and it's already good enough. The cam is a tough choice for me, I love the low end for day to day, but it's obviously fun on the top. I've never had anything like this, the manual helps skip that low end, but still seems like it would mess with the day to day stuff. Tough choices.
For sure getting rid of that skip shift!!

The good news is there is a huge aftermarket for the LS3 motor. And there are a bunch of shops all across the country that know what works in them. A cam and head work can get you well over another 100hp. The nice thing about the supercharger is how much pull it has down low. I think for the street the s/c works great. In mine from 60mph in 3rd gear you can roll on the throttle and break the tires loose. If I wanted an all out drag car I would go turbo and auto transmission. But mine is just a fun daily driver. Your car is already faster stock than any of the 60s muscle cars were stock. And it makes more horse power than the mighty 426 hemi did. My friend has a built up chevelle with a 454 and my car doesn't even break a sweat running away from it. Another friend has a few corvettes and one of them has the LS7 with heads and cam naturally aspirated making over 700 hp and it easily beats my car. Heck even his stock corvette is hard for me to beat. Corvettes are freaking fast nowadays. But I wanted a back seat and that huge trunk. When I watched the first transformers I said man I want one of those. But my wife said I can't have Megan Fox. So I got the Camaro.
Shep

The LS motors make stupid power. I'm kinda queer for the new challengers but they are heavy. Like I said earlier I love the old classic muscle cars. But these new cars with fuel injection and computer control just make so much more HP.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.