Now this should be illegal!

I agree it's crazy how fast cars are now. Heck my 15 f-150 work truck pulls a 12:6 in the quarter mile with all bolt ons.
I found a new addiction this summer with cars doing the road courses. Have a Livernois full built 16 focus rs with 523awhp and a stock Mazda rx8 wankle that are so much fun.
Congrats and get it tuned makes them so
Much more fun.

I had a 4th gen TA worked over and stoked to a 383 that made good power and I would average 23mpg commuting.

Which I hardly did because it didn't have TC and rain made the world an ice rink. Plus I had to wear earplugs because it idled over 100db.

I miss that feeling, and the look on my gf(now wife surprisingly) face when she realized how fast that car was.

Congrats man, nothing like it.

Rum Man, Spent a lot of time with Marv Jorgensen and Chopper City. They did my crank bearings and welding when I had a fuel solenoid failure on a nitros run. I never dabbled with asphalt though. Everything I ran on was froze.
Tom
We just had fun most of the time ! It was just raw horsepower for us no juice ! The turbos were coming out when i quit . It was 242 hp. At the crank if I remember correctly. We did the ice too, built our own suspension, a copy of the wall brothers set up ..
I ran 127 mph. In 660 ft on ice ! Thank goodness for chisels and picks !
Miss those days !
Rum Man

I found out the hard way how my former Porsche Boxster that it wasn't good in the snow... racing ahead of a snow storm north thru Nevada to southern Idaho, but made it before it got too bad!

70's muscle car guy here. But **** these new cars are just bad ***. The chevy LS motors can make so much hp. Put a blower on a 5.0 mustang and it's a beast and you can drive it to work. The tuning with these computers is just insane. Personally I just love the new challengers. They look old school.

You can have your "modern" muscle cars.... I'll stick with my '68 Barracuda (see the picture on my signature). Sure it is older with all that entails.... all original sheet metal, restified with a hot rod 340 4 speed.... Cannot wait to get it out again after the salt, ice and snow is off the roads,

I had a 67 cuda fastback. I love the old cars. But the HP these new cars make is insane.
I am sure you are correct... My Barracuda makes plenty of power to get me in big trouble.... Do not need more temptation in that regards. The 340 is modified with cam, cylinder heads, carburetor headers, 2.5" exhaust system...... etc. Still a relatively simple muscle car for an old man to work on and enjoy. The car was made when I was in college... 'nuff said

Congrats on your new ride. I have a 2011 as in red with carbon fiber bits here and there. Mine is modded a bunch and can be a hand full on the street. I'm running a supercharger and Kooks headers and exhaust. Sounds as fast as it is. Mine is a 6 speed too. A performance short throw shifter really helps compared to stock. I have a full Janetty Racing rearend and carbon fiber one piece drive shaft. Rear suspension is all after market. Gets rid of all the rubber bushings everywhere. It really hooks up now. I drove it to some 1000 yard matches. The trunk is huge and the back seats folded down holds all my gear with ease.

Attachments

• Message_1526084304391.jpg
    Message_1526084304391.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 52
I'll get some pics up soon, I have to get her all cleaned up. Drove it to Billings from Buffalo WY on Sunday. I hated to do it, but didn't have much choice. Lots of ice and snow, I'm half surprised I made. This thing would get stuck in a wet deer turd.
Glad you made it, N.E. Side of the Bighorns mostly sucks this time of year.
I had a Montana drivers license for 15 minutes and got excessive display of power and wasting a fossil fuel ticket in a 67'IHC Scout with water bath, 4 cyl., and a three speed.
Horace Mann about dropped my folks insurance entirely,
Over a few cookies and a speedy exit from a church parking lot.
Now it's how fast can the bullet go, I hate stock chain saws, and my arrow is only going 400 what FPS?

She's not fake! Had to clean off the road grime from the trip, but it really didn't take much. Of course being black and 10 years old, it could use a good buff, but does need any real cut.

Attachments

• 20201215_203420.jpg
    20201215_203420.jpg
    789.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 20201215_203500.jpg
    20201215_203500.jpg
    886.9 KB · Views: 70
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.