Not sure weather to be proud or worried

James Jones

I had a few of my LE buddies come over today before we went shooting , the plan was go do some practice with full SWAT gear exiting vehicals and shooting from them.

My 4yr old was devistated when I told him that he coulden't go but he understood why and diden't fuss to much. When I got home he said "tomorrow when I'm older I'm gonna be a police , then I can shoot with yall"
and he went and got dressed up in his new police uniform , which ain't much but my old duty rig and his coyboy hat and pair of Speed racer underwear
(its kinda scarry but I think I dressed up like that once too when I first got into LE work for a girlfriend at the time)

1-1.jpg

The he siad he would be right back cause he had a SWAT outfit to , complete with Scooby Doo trauma plate and cardboard growing protector

Nic3.jpg

Nic-4.jpg

With the way that the world is going now I'm sure that I don't want him in that thankless line of work in 18-20yrs , it does make me proud that he wants to do things like dad does and also reminds me how impressionable they are at this age.
Doesn't realy have anything to do with long range hunting just wanted to show off my pride and joy some.

wow, that's a good laugh!

you got yourself a regular "papa's boy"!
cool.

Last edited:
James Jones,
Congratulations on you pride and joy! Looks to me like a great kid that looks up to his dad. That's just wonderful. If there is a tomorrow, you'll be impressed how fast it happens, next thing you'll know he'll be shooting at long ranges right next to dad. :) Of course this is about long range!!! ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.