Nosler RDF’s. Anybody using em?

G19Jeeper

Looking to buy some heavy .30 cal RDFs for my .300 PRC and was curious if anyone has used them before. Seems like a great bullet. I was never a fan and couldn't get the Custom Comps to shoot well but the RDFs look like a huge improvement. Anyone using them? Thoughts? Experiences? Suggestions?

I was, had to give up on all shooting prior to getting any good results…
However, after extensive testing at 600 and beyond, too many fliers were unexplained. I had a 1% flier incident within 100 shots. This to me is quite acceptable, what isn't acceptable is knowing the cause.
I will say the RDF is very susceptible to seating depth and keeping it very tight should be a goal.

Cheers.

I've not shot the 30 cal but I have shot the custom comp and the RDF in 7mm, and they shot good for me. I haven't stretched them to distance though on paper, 300 and in they did 3/4 min easily for me without fussing much with load development. Shooting rocks at 600 I didn't see anything weird either? I shot a powder ladder and picked a charge, the RDF I put 20 thou off the lands and the CC was over 100 off the lands due to it being so short. No issues. I used them for barrel break in and they shot plenty good for that.

I haven't used the .30 cal yet, but run the .264 over Varget in a 6.5x47 Lapua. Shoot very well for me. I was about to give up on them until I changed powders. This is a match rifle, so I don't have any experience on game with them. Hope this helps.