anybody using a 257 weatherby

Hello, new here been lurking for a long time ...curious if anyone shoots a 257weatherby mag ....I live and hunt in Ar ..whitetail is all Im using mine on now but intend on coming west next year for muleys and elk .....I just started reloading . and developing loads for it ..Ive got several other rifles as well but really liking this one its a rem 700CDL SF ,, got a decent scope for now , plan on upgrading it soon its a 8x25x50 30mm sightmark .has the xmark trig and Ive got it adjusted low as it will go and is pretty crisp ..gun shoots great with factory ...and I loaded my first rounds last week and its shooting them .8 @100yards ..I also took off the factory pretty wood stock and got a synthetic factory rem stock ..
my load;
weatherby brass
110 Nos accubonds
61gr IMR 4350

what yall think about these rounds ?

It's a great cartridge. Some here do use it and will likely respond.

The number of choices for long range/high BC 25 cal bullets isn't as broad as some calibers. But, it looks like you've got a good load going.

Another strategy I used with my 25-06 was the 80gr TTSX travelling at very high speed. Your 257 WBY should be able to hold hair to 400-500 yds for deer/varmints when the wind's not too bad.

Happy hunting!
-- richard

Ive got the same gun. Mine likes 100 grain sierra flat based spitzers or ballistic tips and 7828. Sierras go into 3/8s for 5 shots at a 100 the bts will go just under an inch for 5.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.