Nosler failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
My main thought is, if the barnes work so well are so accurate, and perform so much better, and he knew this allready, why was he carrying the BT's hunting anyway?
I followed closely the 3 page thread on predator masters, I told him that I had been shooting noslers for 25" years and never had a failure, I've failed a couple times and put a HV bullet into a shoulder blade and had the expected results.
RR

I hope some of you guys can stay away from the emotional aspect of this discussion. Keep it helpful and peaceful, please.

The topic is the bullet,not WHY i loaded it,not WHY I didnt know better,but WHY did it fail,thanx to those of you who had the maturity to point out the limitations of this bullet with being a ^&$*&.The reason I had this bullet is because of its long range accuracy,much better than anything else I load,and this is the first time I have used them on game and had no idea they were this worthless,Im sure none of you haters have ever made a similar mistake!

I think the bottom line here is that ALL bullets have limitations. A bullet that will expand well @ longer ranges will be prone to blow up on impact @ close ranges. A bullet that will penetrate @ close range will not open up @ the lower velocities @ longer ranges. The key is just to work within the limitations of the what you are using but no matter what you shoot, if you kill enough stuff w/it, eventually the results won't be what you planned on.

People like me do not listen to rude,know it all A@%$#%$'s who insult,belittle and clown a person just relating an incident that happened in the field,never have never will.So far you have called me a liar,illiterate,and several other insults that sound like they came from a grade school playground,these bullets do blow up and they do it inside the "recommendations" that Nosler has for them,I have had several people relate similar incidents with the same bullets since i posted this topic on a few other sites,I guess you need to go there and let them know how stupid they are like you have me so you can sleep well at night knowing you know everything there is to know about nosler bullets,I know i will.

Please spare me the bleeding heart routine. You know you were asking for it or you wouldn't have kept putting your foot in your mouth. I will not tolerate bs no matter which website it is on and if you keep up with it you should expect to be labeled what you are.

And I don't know everything about Nosler. But I did actually read the manual and tested them before I used them.

Btw, STILL waiting for your imaginary barnes longrange bullet story.

GG get off your high horse bud, I love nosler BT's but more than just Nonya has had issues with them occasionally. Actually every bullet company has had to deal with failure issues and accusations, i dont think its up to you though to be the righteous hand of justice for them all though. Hell i have seen several Berger bullets in a row all but defy the law's of physics on a deer but i will still use them if they are my best option. I aint tryin to pick a fight in anyway but i dont see any point in layin into the guy like your doing.

Hell i agree with the overall point of what your sayin, just think maybe you could pull back the volume a little bud

Nonya, sorry you had a bad experince with BT's, good luck with whatever you decide to shoot instead.

steve

Steve,
No high horse here. But it is impossible not to look knowledgeable when you have used the product in question long enough to know a thing or two about it. Then when someone comes along and keeps trying to get the last word on it and clearly doesn't deserve it, well I'm not going to let him have it.

If you think I'm laying into the guy a bit hard, then that may be. But as I said earlier, this sort of neanderthal errr- Nonya thinking spreads quickly and only slows and steapens the learning curve for newer shooters. If I could find the originators of all the b.s. I heard when I first started this sport that delayed and muttled my learning efforts, I would do a lot worse to them than I have done to Nonya! And besides, Nonya just wouldn't keep his mouth shut and wouldn't admit when he was wrong. I hate that almost as bad as bs. All in all, he got what was coming to him. I was polite about it at first, but he just kept typing and typing.

I think the bottom line here is that ALL bullets have limitations. A bullet that will expand well @ longer ranges will be prone to blow up on impact @ close ranges. A bullet that will penetrate @ close range will not open up @ the lower velocities @ longer ranges. The key is just to work within the limitations of the what you are using but no matter what you shoot, if you kill enough stuff w/it, eventually the results won't be what you planned on.

Bill,
You hit the nail on the head. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.