Nosler 6.5-284 brass.

reekax

I have been watching the Nosler's Shooters Pro Shop web site for months in search of Nosler 6.5-284 brass.
There is no longer a listing for this caliber of brass on their site. There is no listing for it being still carried but out of stock.
I wonder if the less expensive Hornady brass has driven them out of the market on this one?
I have been able to find some on the open market but am curious why Nosler seems to have abandoned this brass.

I guess I'm lucky I got 50 pieces of Nosler brass for my Norma. So far it's been great. I'm still on my original batch of 20.

I do have Lapua brass as well. I have 3 rifles that use the 6.5-284 case. Two 6.5-284s and a 6mm-284. I have been able to purchase the Nosler brass for less $$ than Lapua. I have not found it to be insufficient in quality. Just curious that Nosler has seemed to have abandoned offering this case.

I have noticed the same thing and have also wondered what was going on with it.

I bought 100 pcs of Lapua for my first barrel and reloaded it 9 times and it was still in good shape when I traded it out.

I went to Norma for my second barrel and do not like it as good. I'm on the 4th firing and I can feel the primer pockets starting to expand a little.

I recently bought 100 pcs of brass from an older guy (66 Norma/34 Nosler) and he'd already primed it. Not the primers I choose (CCI200) but I used them for fire forming and was not impressed. Maybe they'll be better the 2nd time, if I use them again. 34 is an odd number for me and I can't see using them for load work up and them switching back to Norma for hunting or target loads.

When I buy again it will definitely be Lapua, no matter the "deal" on Nosler or Norma. Just my opinion.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.