• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Norma powder

Well, Powder Valley has MRP but not N217 (is that a new one?). Rather than spend gas money for it, consider paying the Hazmat $25 charge for mail order.

Powder Valley, Inc.

Thanks for info. This is what is listed on the Norma site:
Norma 217 Powder

This is a very flexible magnum powder, suitable where there is relatively large case volume in relation to the bore size. It has been well-known for many years as a high performance powder in all magnum calibres.
500 g/canister. Prod. # 20932175 regards, yomill

Talked with folks at Black Hills, wholesale only, they advised that they were out of MRP and did not know when they would receive more. Powder Valley also on back order as is GRAF. Will talk to Black Hills and the Norma folks at the SHOT show in January.

Talked with Norma folks at SHOT show. They will ship powder bulk to Western Powder who will then package and distrbute it. Western Powder advised that they anticipate availabilty through various suppliers in May-June 2012 timeframe.

I was just advised that Norma has sent, by sea, it's first bulk shipment of smokeless powder to Western Powder for packaging and distribution. It will be nice to have access to MRP for reloading once again!

yomill - Did Norma indicate if their powder will be available in canisters larger than 1 pound? Would love to see some 8 pounders of their powder available for purchase. I would switch from the Reloder series to Norma if 8 pounders became available at a comparable price.

Sherri Swanson, from Western Powders, was the person I originally talked with at the SHOT show. They did have larger "mock up" canisters for NORMA powder on display. Since they are now receiving the powder in bulk and packaging it themselves I would think the 4 or 8 pound containers will be part of the offering. I have pasted part of her email response below:

Our normal distributors should have the powder. They will be Graf and Sons, Powder Valley, Chattanooga, Sports South, Midsouth, etc. It could be a couple of months yet before you will find it on the market.

Cannot wait to try them out...

I will be happy to be able to obtain Norma Powders again. It seems Norma Powders would be more available to the USA than they are. The demand seems great enough. gun)gun)Good luck

Have a small amount of Norma on backorder with Powder Valley. Western Powders is packaging as fast as they can I guess. I was able to get my two 1lb cans of MRP confirmed yesteday, but have not heard of Western sending out any 8lb containers as yet. I would think the original shipment to Western from Norma will be gone as soon as it shows up at retailers. I sure hope Sherri and the folks at Western have another bulk shipment coming on the high seas. GRAF had some N201 and N202 a few weeks back and it was gone in two days.

I have 1-8lb can, and 7-1lb cans of MRP back ordered, and 2 pounds of VihtaVuori N550 from Powder Valley. I will have to call them tomorrow. Good luck.

That's good that they are shipping powder!

I am looking for some N560!

I understand that MRP is pretty dang close to RL-22(both made by Bofors in Sweden (Bofors RP5))..