Norma Ammunition Factory coming to Georgia

I wonder if this will include rimfire ammo at this plant. The stuff I currently order from them ships from georgia and has shot excellent for me.

My dad pointed out something interesting about their Norma Tac-22 ammo the other day. The boxes of it he bought a few weeks ago had the exact same lot number as the stuff he bought in 2019. He read over on rimfire central that Norma produced BILLIONS of it in a single batch before the covid craze, and they had it for sale through the whole charade. Not saying I believe it 100%, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I have only used their 22lr and 223 ammo, but I couldn't bring myself to reload 223 when I could buy boxes of 20 FMJ for $7 and it shot 3/4 MOA.

This is good news. I use Norma 270gr in my heavy rifle and it is spot on accurate. Dropped a book Roosevelt elk without any fuss, playing card type accuracy. Problem has been availability, especially in California (that's a whole different problem). Looking forward to seeing what they do, thanks for the post.

If you are just basing on container volume, Port of Savannah is 4th in the US. If you look at total tonnage, however, it's 15th. They have been doing a good job of steadily increasing the port's capacity over the last few decades, however, to get it to where it is.
I was just passing along what my nephew told me he runs one of the big cranes that unloads the containers. They are getting ready to expand down the river all the way to the Imperial Sugar refinery that should double capacity

Guess all the main people from the Corp will want all the nice land and houses, we have 6 acres and a big newer home.
Will probably sell for double triple what we paid an move farther away from people,

If it comes to that, 3X minimum. It'll take that or more to buy an equivalent place anywhere else.

My grandfather was a Santa Fe employee over 40 years. In the 1930's, in the depths of the Depression, he was making $40 / week. He and Gramma built a new house in 1936, in the Texas panhandle during the depths of the Depression. In 1966, a couple years before he retired, he was earning >$10K / yr.

According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics CPI inflation calculator, $10K in December 1966 is equivalent to about $90,600 now. They still lived in that 2 bedroom, 1 bath, wood-siding house. 1-car garage. Had two vehicles, neither air-conditioned. Gramma's was a '65 Plymouth Valiant. His was a second-hand '58 Dodge. They lived comfortably, traveled some, were secure. Savings account or two, maybe a CD. Their house had been fixed up but still had the original kitchen and bath. With a 30-year mortgage, it was paid off the year I graduated high school.

Saying 'Things were different then' doesn't begin to capture how different. We have lost more than we can measure when one has to sell at a multiple to replace what they have.

Recent Posts