Non-resident license fees.

Come on out to Colorado. You can hike and camp and frolick on public lands…FOR FREE!!!!! If you want to hunt an animal owned by the state you need to pay what the state charges. I hope lots of nonresidents don't like it and stay home because it's getting out of hand here in Colorado.
I don't feel non-res hunters are the problem here in CO, the problems are the over-abundance libtards and californicators moving here and voting to put wolves where they don't belong or without proper mgt accounted for and voting for the crap they had when they were in CA that they supposedly moved to get away from. Interesting that many units for Residents had 3 point jumps last yr in the pref point quagmire. And I know of one that was 4 pts for non-res. Another great feature of covid I guess.

I just finished an interesting exercise pricing out various hunts out West & Canada and compared them to hunt offers in Africa.

Turned out that even when including the round trip airfare it was still cheaper by more than $1,000 to spend a week in Africa then hunting here.

Guess where I'm headed this year? ...
I did the same a few years back and how now been to South Africa twice. It is amazing and way less expensive. I'm not complaining, because its a choice that each of us has to make, but its not just the state fish & game agencies that are charging outrageous prices for hunts in the United States.

In as much as state wildlife agencies have received billions of federal dollars in funding over the years, how is it that they can justify charging non-residents (US citizens) exorbitantly greater fees than state residents? Just curious.
Because there is a limited number of animals and places to hunt. Also most States have large cities that overwhelm resources as it is. That is a huge problem around this state and the next. It's more about limiting numbers. Also states get taxes and votes from the people of that state
No another state. Be grateful you can hunt at all.

I don't feel non-res hunters are the problem here in CO, the problems are the over-abundance libtards and californicators moving here and voting to put wolves where they don't belong or without proper mgt accounted for and voting for the crap they had when they were in CA that they supposedly moved to get away from. Interesting that many units for Residents had 3 point jumps last yr in the pref point quagmire. And I know of one that was 4 pts for non-res. Another great feature of covid I guess.
Oh we have lots of problems!

Point creep is and is going to continue to be a major issue. I have a soon to be 12 year old daughter that will NEVER shave the opportunity to hunt the top 10-12 units in Colorado. Is it fair to her that she was born in 2010 and not 1995 or easier? The point system needs to go away or tweaked DRASTICALLY.

80/20 or 90/10 would help a lot.

Here are some ideas

1. Any A list tag requires the use of your points, including leftover tags, choice 2 tags, turn backs, etc

2. More than 1 B tag in 3 years requires the use of your points

3. Cap nonresident tags in otc, continue unlimited for residents (similar to Wyoming)

4. All tags are 80/20

5. Turn back, leftover, and secondary draw open for residents at 9am and nonresidents at 12pm.

Phasing out preference points is the way to go. Have the whole thing go to a random draw. OR give 50% of tags to PP and 50% to random draw.

colorado is totally overrun with non resident hunters - I get good tags 1 out of every 3 years - and all I see is texas license plates

There's no need for justification. They have the animals to sell a lot of states don't. So we pay. If we'd quit paying prices would come down. That ain't gonna happen. I just submitted a request for a Montana tag for around $1200. Resident is probably $30. And I'll b happy if I draw cause I know I'm not getting 1 of the 10 elk tags available in WI. Where's the justification in paying income tax when they can print money out of thin air. Don't look for sane reasoning when it comes to governance. They do cause they can cause we let them.
Wrong! Montana has wolf problem. The hunting has fallen off over the past 15 to 20 yrs greatly.
In 2020 we changed out a bunch elected official. It seem like it's getting better here now. There was one area that the moose you couldn't hardly go anywhere without running into them. The wolves showed up the next year. From there it went down hill. Good luck seeing a Moose now, and you have to watch out the G. Bears. They moved them in in about 2005 there. I don't hunt that area any more. To many hunter get torn up there each year. I am presently trying for a out of state Wy tag.
If you have privet ground or being packed in you have a better chases to taking and elk in Montana, otherwise good luck.

Simple answer they use NR licenses to maximize the Pittman Robertson algorithm, it's simply just getting enough NR to buy/apply with a cost threshold that is set to maximize application income, killing two birds one stone.

Too high license cost then not enough NR apply to maximize both PR and NR lic income.

Basically until PR allocation is changed to counter 90/10 or < etc rules, it's going to continue to be less NR draw tags and more LO and Gov tags

There's no need for justification. They have the animals to sell a lot of states don't. So we pay. If we'd quit paying prices would come down. That ain't gonna happen. I just submitted a request for a Montana tag for around $1200. Resident is probably $30. And I'll b happy if I draw cause I know I'm not getting 1 of the 10 elk tags available in WI. Where's the justification in paying income tax when they can print money out of thin air. Don't look for sane reasoning when it comes to governance. They do cause they can cause we let them.
At least in our state (Iowa) the animals belong to the people not the state. The state just manages them. BUT I've said for years that if we hunters collectively refused to pay the fees for non residents for just 1 year I believe you'd see the fees drop drastically. BUT no one wants to go along with that. No one can wait a year it seems. I tried to organize that movement on-line many years ago and was told by many to go **** myself. I was told "I've got the money and I'm getting mine and too bad you don't". But, that's what it's going to take. Now I expect to get all kinds of reasons why the states have to charge that much. But if that's is the reason then every state would have to charge about the same amount for an elk, because the maintenance of an elk should be the same in every location. It's not game management any more guys but business management. And we're falling for it. Don't buy a license for just one year, everyone, and see what happens.

At least in our state (Iowa) the animals belong to the people not the state. The state just manages them. BUT I've said for years that if we hunters collectively refused to pay the fees for non residents for just 1 year I believe you'd see the fees drop drastically. BUT no one wants to go along with that. No one can wait a year it seems. I tried to organize that movement on-line many years ago and was told by many to go **** myself. I was told "I've got the money and I'm getting mine and too bad you don't". But, that's what it's going to take. Now I expect to get all kinds of reasons why the states have to charge that much. But if that's is the reason then every state would have to charge about the same amount for an elk, because the maintenance of an elk should be the same in every location. It's not game management any more guys but business management. And we're falling for it. Don't buy a license for just one year, everyone, and see what happens.
Just remember this…for every person that says "I've had enough!" There are 20 guys waiting to take your place! 😆

In as much as state wildlife agencies have received billions of federal dollars in funding over the years, how is it that they can justify charging non-residents (US citizens) exorbitantly greater fees than state residents? Just curious.
The rationale is residents pay state taxes whereas non-residents do not. Federal funds are supplements to those tax streams. The federal funds are BAIT to coerce the states to comply with Fed agendas. There is no free lunch. Federal dollars always come with stipulations and control parameters, whether for conservation, or indoctrination schools, or transportation, or housing, or tutifruiti agendas et el all breaking down and weakening America. The Federal taxes half of American citizens pay (49% of American citizens pay not taxes as Government Plantation Non-Productive Dweller Useful Idiots.....when will they pay their FAIR SHARE...) are used to buy states' compliance and control over productive citizens. Americans fund their own subjugation by politicians.

First American Revolution over taxation without representation......careful of what one wishes for......unintended consequences,
Second American Revolution over taxation BY REPRESENTATION.
Our founding Fathers would already have been finished shooting a second time.