Nomad LT WOW!

7.62 Gunner

I just picked up my Nomad LT after a 14 month wait.
I fired a few 175 eldx through it tonight from my 18" 7-300wsm improved, and all I can say is it's stupid quiet and reduces recoil significantly.
I compared it to my 9" Banish 30 and it's night and day in sound reduction and recoil mitigation .

Seriously this is absolutely the quietest can I've seen, and it reduces recoil just like an aggressive side port brake.

Here's a few pics, and for all you CF fan boys I don't wanna hear it..
I like my girls short and skinny not stubby and fat😉
20220810_184958.jpg
Next to a 24" barrel with 2" brake
20220810_185151.jpg

Glad you like it, pretty rave review. In the market for a hunting suppressor for my stubby light weight overbore blasters... this might be the ticket. Looks like e file is stretching well past 90 days so yesterday was the best day to get it started.

After doing the looooong barrel thing for years... I'll give you an amen on short and light for most hunting uses. Have an 18 inch 270 wsm, 18.5 inch 375 roogah and a 20.75 inch 7 rum with a 18.5 inch 300 wsm inbound this fall. Downside the flame thrower tendencies, most notable on the 270. Kinda surprised that it was that much reduction in recoil, good to hear either way.

I have the same can, got it a few weeks back put it on my 65 cm and it is amazing. I have A 300 RUM, I'm thinking about chopping and threading the barrel and throwing it on their for elk season. just not sure how much of a difference in pressure the shorter barrel will make.

Short and skinny with a 9" chub hanging off the front?? Haha, had to! Can looks awesome and I can imagine the suppression is amazing. It is such a balance between barrel length and can length. I have been doing 22" tubes with 5-7" cans but really wouldn't mind trying the route you went - shorter barrel longer can.

I have the same can, got it a few weeks back put it on my 65 cm and it is amazing. I have A 300 RUM, I'm thinking about chopping and threading the barrel and throwing it on their for elk season. just not sure how much of a difference in pressure the shorter barrel will make.
There's no minimum barrel length on the LT and I believe it's rated for the RUM.
I put it on my light weight 30 nosler this morning and sent a few 220s behind 80 grains of powder.
Again recoil reduction and suppression was incredible.
I can't post videos on here but if anyone wants to watch a few clips shoot me a pm with an email address

Short and skinny with a 9" chub hanging off the front?? Haha, had to! Can looks awesome and I can imagine the suppression is amazing. It is such a balance between barrel length and can length. I have been doing 22" tubes with 5-7" cans but really wouldn't mind trying the route you went - shorter barrel longer can.
🤣
8.4" but it's the girth that counts in this game

I have a Nomad also and it is very quiet and the recoil reduction is the best of any can I have personally shot. Mine is used most on a 5.56 AR but 28 Nosler and 300 RUM full house loads work outstanding as well. It is night and day better for hearing comfort than the cans marketed to AR users even with the 30 cal hole. I have noticed a mild to fairly dramatic shift in POI (2+ MOA) at 100 depending on what rifle I put it on compared to the keymo brake QD adaptor alone but once it's known it repeats just fine day to day and month to month.

Maybe I missed it, but somebody needs to start doing an Adirondack/fieldcraft bulge taper at 18 or 20 inches. That way I could make a overbore mountain pack rifle suppressor host.... like a quiet exhaust on a sports car for a morning commute!

Guess my next trip to town will involve a stop at the class three, and more wait....

Maybe I missed it, but somebody needs to start doing an Adirondack/fieldcraft bulge taper at 18 or 20 inches. That way I could make a overbore mountain pack rifle suppressor host.... like a quiet exhaust on a sports car for a morning commute!

Guess my next trip to town will involve a stop at the class three, and more wait....
Have a close look at my barrel, it's flared up to .730 and threaded 5/8×24.
It weighs 2lbs flat at 18" and shoots bug holes with a suppressor attached

There's no minimum barrel length on the LT and I believe it's rated for the RUM.
I put it on my light weight 30 nosler this morning and sent a few 220s behind 80 grains of powder.
Again recoil reduction and suppression was incredible.
I can't post videos on here but if anyone wants to watch a few clips shoot me a pm with an email address
I'm going to cut the stock RUM barrel to either 22 or 20" then have it recrowned and threaded to 5/8x24. I put a Griffin dual lok end cap on the Nomad so I I'll also put a Griffin muzzle brake on the rifle.

Ha couldn't see, I'm using a not very smart phone to access lrh in remote alaska where a couple extra users crash the network. Your rifle pics are the size of a stamp and grainy so I couldn't see the hump.

Who did the contour?

I've got a 7 rum at 20 and 5/8s (long story on the specific length ) but the taper is to thin for a centerfire. I've a rr ultra action I got on the cheap spring of 20' I'd like to make a stubby truck/skiff/mini jet/fat bike rifle for the 200g+ pills in a 300 rum. I'll be interested on how it performs with the nomad as my hang ups are muzzle blast, the fireball and of course recoil.

Waiting for this one to get back in stock at silencer shop. 3 others waiting on a stamp too but the wait time just keeps going up.

Love mine. 2 moa poi shift with xeno brake and qd. Zeroed it back last weekend and it worked flawlessly. My first can and i need to sell everything i have without a threaded barrel.

Touching holes at 200. Need to check it at the long range next trip.

Attachments

• 20220812_154842.jpg
    20220812_154842.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 29