No Hydrodynamic Shock Below 2600FPS??

You keep trying to insinuate that I think I'm better than others. You don't know my mind, and your attempts to make this about me are hollow. It's as if you think by defeating me, the message to be better people is defeated.

It isn't.

... and I don't think I'm better than anyone. Why is it so important for you to conquer the pressure to be better? Why is it so important for you to defend sinful behavior? Why are you arguing on behalf of those attacking others?

The answers to those questions are self evident. You can't defend them. All who try, fail.
You're the one that judged others inhumane. Not me. All the while excluding yourself from the inhumane.

That's the definition of "better", in the righteous frame of mind.

Last edited:
Not one of my handguns clock anywhere near 2600fps MV, but you don't want to enjoy the alleged "hydroless" effect. Let's shoot your numbers guy and do an post-mortem to prove....or NOT.....his contention. Betting the primary wound channel is the least of his demise parameters. Study some handgun induced autopsies and get back to us.
Sounds like a job for Dr Fackler ;)

A respected ballistics expert basically says that bullets .338 diameter and less loose their hydrodynamic shock value below 2600fps. This basically means a .308 Win shooting a 180g bullet and a .338 Win Mag both loose their shock value in less than 100 yards. I have harvested animals with rifles from 270 Win to 375 H&H and am still confused.
I'm about to do a black bear hunt and if i go with that theory I'd pick a 225g over a 250g bullet for my 338 Win Mag. I'd be real interested in what you guys on the forum have to say about this. What do you all think?

First, Let us take a look at what the author is saying or not saying.
Don't worry about what someone says, when you already have proof from past hunting experiences, that the rifle chamberings/bullet combinations you have used in the past kills game well.
Your 338WM is more than enough for black bear, if you are capable of putting the bullet where it belongs.
What bullets do you have on hand or can purchase (Find in stock?)
I think we can do a better job of making a recommendation to you in that area, than responding to a vague statement by someone we don't know, and to this point. have not read.

You're the one that judged others inhumane. Not me. All the while excluding yourself from the inhumane.

That's definition of better, in the righteous frame of mind.
You go ahead and keep defending the sinful nature of people. Keep judging me for judging that sinful nature. See how it works out for you in the end.

I may not always win against evil, but I certainly did in this thread. Everyone else dog piled. I didn't. I showed love for the ballistician in question. I showed humility in entertaining that he may be right.

Here you are trying to convince me that because I denounced the sins of others, that I'm the one that's sinful. lol Good luck with that.

You go ahead and keep defending the sinful nature of people. Keep judging me for judging that sinful nature. See how it works out for you in the end.

I may not always win against evil, but I certainly did in this thread. Everyone else dog piled. I didn't. I showed love for the ballistician in question. I showed humility in entertaining that he may be right.

Here you are trying to convince me that because I denounced the sins of others, that I'm the one that's sinful. lol Good luck with that.
I have no shame for anything posted here in this thread.

I understand your frame of mind. If God is for you, no one can fault you. Any disagreement with you is evil. Because God is with you. Murderous suicide bombings are justified in a similar manner. In the name of God.

I think we can do a better job of making a recommendation to you in that area, than responding to a vague statement by someone we don't know, and to this point. have not read.
That's true. I'd say we'd need to know the OP's operating range as he did quote a comparison of two bullet classes.

I'm about to do a black bear hunt and if i go with that theory I'd pick a 225g over a 250g bullet for my 338 Win Mag. I'd be real interested in what you guys on the forrum have to say about this. What do you all think?
I'd probably go with this quote on normal hunting ranges.

The 210 Grain Nosler Partition was, a "Killer" pushed at almost, 3,000 FPS for me, back WHEN, I had, a .338 Win Mag.

I have no shame for anything posted here in this thread.

I understand your frame of mind. If God is for you, no one can fault you. Any disagreement with you is evil. Because God is with you. Murderous suicide bombings are justified in a similar manner. In the name of God.
You're so desperate to "win" this argument, that you'll compare my desire for people to stop ripping others down, to a suicide bomber. I feel sorry for you, I truly do.

That's true. I'd say we'd need to know the OP's operating range as he did quote a comparison of two bullet classes.

I'd probably go with this quote on normal hunting ranges.

Very true.
I went back and looked through some of his earlier posts to try to get a idea of our OP. Since he has not responded to anything posted, it made me curious.

Oh no! The last time that came up, my thread got locked. 😡
I don't know why. Since he's an authority on terminal ballistics. Although one could argue his data isn't an apples to apples comparison.

A respected ballistics expert basically says that bullets .338 diameter and less loose their hydrodynamic shock value below 2600fps. This basically means a .308 Win shooting a 180g bullet and a .338 Win Mag both loose their shock value in less than 100 yards. I have harvested animals with rifles from 270 Win to 375 H&H and am still confused.
I'm about to do a black bear hunt and if i go with that theory I'd pick a 225g over a 250g bullet for my 338 Win Mag. I'd be real interested in what you guys on the forrum have to say about this. What do you all think?
I think that you might want to find another ballistics expert. 😂