Nimrod packs?

one crazy kid

Does anyone have any experience with nimrod packs? The owner lives about 45 min from my house also my dad owns one. I guess what I want to knows is there anyone out there who has used one to haul meet/extended back country trips. Thanks in advance Andrew.

I got into a Nimrod in '05. I put a few hundred miles on mine & hauled a few elk & deer with it. It spent a lot of time in the backcountry the first two years, but it had a habit of dropping hardware & it squeaked pretty bad, so I started leaving it in the truck as a meat rack. It was never super comfy, but it was easy to clean & fairly stable- until it self destructed on me packing out an elk in '010, so I went back to my old Dana, which is still going strong after 20 years of abuse.

Nimrods haul heavy things fairly well, but they aren't quite as comfortable or durable as I expected for the $$- not bashing them, just don't think they hold a candle to some other options.

Take me with a grain of salt- I'm a devoted Mystery Ranch guy

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.