Nikon Monarch 4-12 AO

grit

Got to put my new scope through the paces today. I started by checking my zero at 100 yards. I then dialed up to 500 and down to 100 for a second shot. Next, I dialed up to 800 and down to 100 for the third shot. Three shot group = 5/16!

I then dialed and shot at 500, 600, 700, 800,and 900 yards. Unfortunately I was out of bullets to recheck zero, but I scored first round hits at 5,6,7, and 800 yards.

I am impressed with this scope!

Sounds good...I have the Monarch 3.3-10x44mmAO on order now. I kind of thought it to be a good scope for the money.

I have the same scope on my .375 rum and my 7mm mag great scope, about 120 round through the .375 (ouch) still right on

HG,

14 inch gong. I was testing my drop chart data. I would shoot the gong to see if I was close, then shoot a plwood target, for precise elevation data.

My gong is also 14 inches. It is placed at 1150 yards for use with my 300 RUM. After the 1st initial shot, which is usually pretty dang close, although I have yet to hit it on my 1st shot, I can usually 90% of the time, hit it on my 2nd and 3rd and 4th shot. I just wished I had more power then 14x now.

what is your gongs made from???. built one from 1/2 plate steel i borrowed from work, set up at 450yds, 190smk@2850 fps, 300wm left a 1/4" deep hole in gong, seen this before, on railroad tie plates, wandering thickness, kind of steel. is this normal or just need to increase distance, i intended this target for a 1000yd target, to nasty of a day that day to shoot that far, just wanted to see how they sounded

[ QUOTE ]
My gong is railroad plates. Bullets don't do anything to it at 500.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thus the "Bonk....." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You're puting me to shame up here across the Utah northern border /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

From your info It would seem that the new SF scopes should be pretty good, eh?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.