10x42 Nikon Monarch ATB Binoculars

murf

Picked up a pair of these last night at sportsmans wharehouse after looking at a bunch of different brands and don't have anything bad to say about them. They are brighter and a little clearer than the leupys I looked through in the same price range 300.00 - 350.00 and just as clear and still a little brighter than the 850.00 Zeiss models I looked through also.
Would of really liked the Swaro EL's but those will have to wait due to budget restraints.
To be honest my eyes didn't detect any optical advantage in any of the other models I tried until I was well over the 1000.00 dollar mark.
That's my story (experience) and I'm sticking to it. Hope this helps someone looking for a pair of glass in the 300 dollar range.

Murf

Agree w/ your analysis, I've had a pair for 3 years. They're always with me still bright & clear as any I've checked since I bought them. Well worth the cost.

Rick

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.