Nightforce TS-80

westcoasthunter

Has anyone had a chance to look at the new NF TS-80? was wondering how it compares to say the Vortex Razor 20-60 or other spotters in that price range looking for a long range spotter for hunting season. thank you

both nightforce spotters are simply relabeled meopta spotting scopes. the ts 80 is simply a meopta meopro spotting scope. I haven't seen one but I have looked at the s2 82. It is the best spotter i have ever looked through. better than swaro, better than anything.

I know Broz has a Nightforce TS-80 spotter. I myself have the Meopta S2 HD with wide angle eye piece and love it. I was hoping that Broz and I could have set my Meopta and his Nightforce side by side to compare differences if any, at the Wyoming antelope group hunt get together (another story). I have a friend with the Razer HD spotter and to my eyes the my meopta was better.

thanks you guys , I was pretty happy when i seen NF released there new TS-80 around 1550$mark also looked at the cabelas Euro 20-70 just trying to figure out if im gaining alot by going with the 20-70 or save the 700ish bucks and get the get the new 20-60 NF so many options lol, thanks you for the info

I think Broz has the TS-82 unless he just got another. I run the Meopta with the 30-60WA. It is simply beautiful. My dad just bought the cheaper Meopta (same as TS80) and we'll hopefully compare them in a week or two.

I think Broz has the TS-82 unless he just got another. I run the Meopta with the 30-60WA. It is simply beautiful. My dad just bought the cheaper Meopta (same as TS80) and we'll hopefully compare them in a week or two.

Thank you that would be awesome if you can let me know what u think of it. I just got a message back from NF telling me this...The biggest difference is the glass. The TS-82 has APO fluorite lenses while the TS-80 has ED glass.

The APO fluorite is the best we could get in a spotting scope and has an exquisite image. That being said, ED glass is quite beautiful, and we use it in our BEAST, ATACR and Competition riflescopes.

Additionally, the TS-80 has a fixed eyepiece vs a removable one, which saves on cost as well.

For a "budget" scope with high end glass I would dare bet that new TS80 is going to be awesome. The Razor HD in that same price range is also really really nice. I personally liked the 30-60WA lens and saw no reason to go up to 70x but plenty of reason to have a 30x zoom with more field of view than the 20-70 has on 20x. I just got back from four days of elk hunting and glassing up a bull at just over a mile with my spotter was simply breathtaking. I like the view on 30X so much I often forget I have the ability to zoom up to 60.

I compared my Meopta S2 to the Swaro ATX95 and was blown away how good it really is. On 30x, even after sunset the two images were basically identical although the big Swaro was a little bit better for a little bit longer when we were both on 60X. For half the price and a whole lot less weight the Meopta/NF spotters are an incredible value (comparatively speaking).

Westcoasthunter,
Did you make a decision, or any update on which direction you went? I had been watching this NF scope for a bit as well. Thanks

Westcoasthunter,
Did you make a decision, or any update on which direction you went? I had been watching this NF scope for a bit as well. Thanks
Sorry I have not got anything yet. Got really busy with family stuff and deer season opener. I called Cebales to see if the could get the NF spotter but they cant ., i would like to see on before i buy, i will go look at the razor this week i think im leaning towards the NF just wish i could see it first .

We had a chance to compare the Meostar (TS82) to the Meopro (TS80) and there is simply no comparison. I can confidently say I wouldn't even pay $500 for the TS80 as it just was not impressive at all. We will actually be sending the Meopro back to Meopta to make sure something isn't wrong with this scope because to be honest it was terrible.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts