Nightforce SHV

Mine tracks perfectly, it's been from 200 to 1100 yards and back dozens of times without any issues.

A friend of mine let me borrow his for about 6 months. It was the covered turret model with illumination and International Hunting Reticle (IHR). Love that scope.
I shot it out to 1500yds on my .300WinMag (212gn ELD-X) and it performed flawlessly, actually it helped me realize that (1) my rifle was more accurate than I had previously thought and (2) my previously mounted scope was not all that.
Good scope, wish they weren't so pricey. NF set the bar and now everybody has a $1K scope! johnnyk.

i was looking at the exposed turret model for my current precision build. i havent seen any bad reviews. good glass and tracks well.

Get it, bolt it on and shoot!

I have the F1 model on a M70 BOSS 7mm and it makes me look a lot better than I really am.

I am not taking pictures with it or counting hairs on the animals ***, so I am not worried about CA or color rendition/saturation etc.

What I care about is can I aim where I want with the reticle and will the turret track consistently the same hot/cold/wet/dry.

SHV ticks those boxes for me.

I am interested in that scope as well. I can't find where its made. Is it made in the US BY nightforce. I can't find one locally to look at. I have been wanting to pull the trigger on one especially at the price tag they are being offered at. ctw

They are labeled as Made in Japan on the bottom of the turret housing as mandated by FTC.

But final assembly and QC are all handled in Orofino, ID USA.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts