Nightforce Reticle

601handryan

So I have a NF NXS 5.5-22x50. I love the scope but my only complaint is that the NPR2 reticle is so dang fine. Thinking if sending it to get a different reticle installed. This is my first NF so I'm looking to suggestions for a good Reticle that's not to busy. This is mainly a hunting rifle with occasional steel shooting session. Wanting something that's very visible and easy to see.

Give your NP-R2 more range time and see if you can live with this reticle thickness. If you just can't the option is always there to make the change. I have the MOAR, MOAR-T, and NP-R1 in hunting rifles. Out of the three the MOAR is the thickest and most noticeable but honestly I don't believe I can acquire a target or game animal any more reliable than the MOAR-T or NP-R1. For small targets at long range I prefer the NP and MOAR-T reticle thickness. Out of the three the NP-R1 is still my favorite. Obviously the decision is yours and if I was looking for the least busy NF reticle not too concerned with too many measurements my personal choice would be the NP-R2. Gust my $.02.

I just have a hard time seeing reticle sometimes and would line something a little more noticeable that I don't have to adjust everytime I put the scope up to my eyes.

When I nearly lost the chance to get a big Whitetail buck due to not seeing the NP2 reticle, I decided to drive to the factory (1,200 miles) and upgrade to a MOAR reticle. Problem solved. It may be cheaper to find a good used MOAR scope versus sending it in and paying the extra $300.

Yes the MOAR is thicker...

At times when you are having a hard time picking up the reticle try turning the illumination on.

The MOAR is thicker, and in my opinion a little better for field work.

However, have you set the diopter to your eye? If not, you may have some issues seeing the reticle.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.