• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Nightforce NX-8

So after spending yesterday on discovery, I find phone number, address etc online. I tried to call him from my cell and it went to voicemail. A few hours later, I get a message from him on PayPal asking if he could help me. I sent a few replies saying yes you can send my money back for the Binos etc. He does not reply at all. So, this morn early, I sent him a text asking if he's going to do the right thing and send money back or be a fraud? He text me that there must be a mix up, he doesn't have any Binos, wife isn't sick etc. However, he did get the money last week and was advised by a bitcoin investor that he would be receiving it and needed to buy bitcoin. So that's what I did. I said man come on nobody is that stupid.

The other ******** deal is that I called him from my phone, he didn't answer yet he messaged me on PayPal which is tied to my wife's phone number. I'd talked to North Charleston PD yesterday and they advised if I could get some cross communications like this that they could file fraud charges on him. I've left a message for the detective this morning.

Can you not acquire a physical location from his cell number?

An eye to eye conversation would solve this issue.

Shows he joined in 2007. That makes me suspect that his account has been hacked.
Well, Les or another admin should be able to see the IP address used for the last few logins - and if his account was hacked, why did he not alert admin?

Furthermore, he commented on a thread about naming a dog on Aug 30; doubt a hacker would waste their time.

says some other guy sent a payment 53 minutes ago. After a price drop to $1900. What a ahole.
edit- I am not a campfire member but when I clicked on the message # it showed Scam Alert.

He messaged me on PayPal AFTER I called him from a totally unrelated number yesterday and asked if he could help me. I text him early this morning and he just had a lady message him last week saying he'd be getting 2200 bucks to invest in bit coin so he did. He's totally full of ****. I've hit IP address tracing and all I need is one of the mods I've messaged here tj reply back with that ti confirm. As soon as I can provide that and if I don't have my money by noon tomorrow(the message I had from here on here) the North Charleston PD will pick up for fraud/deception. He fed a hole line of bull **** on text. But it was all obvious he wasn't trying to help l, just delay.

says some other guy sent a payment 53 minutes ago. After a price drop to $1900. What a ahole.
edit- I am not a campfire member but when I clicked on the message # it showed Scam Alert.
I HOPE they sent goods and services

I hope you "bust his chops" … world has too many already just like him!! They re like cancer 😡

Tips for Buyers:
  • Know what you are buying!
  • Ask for detailed pictures, recently taken, and with as much identifying information as possible.
  • Verify any contact information (besides just an email).
  • Know the value and condition before claiming an item.
  • Ask for an inspection period particularly if it's an expensive item.
  • Insist on trackable payments/shipping to verify where items are.
  • Use secure payment methods, Paypal, credit cards if possible.
  • Check to see if the user has any feedback ratings at the top of the thread posting.
  • Unless payment has been made, the item is not "claimed".
  • You can get a pretty good sense of someone's character on the phone.
  • Use our Buyers And Sellers Feedback forum - here.

It's not looking good at all. This user IP is not based in South Carolina.

This is an expensive lesson, NEVER use Paypal Friends and Family.
Pay the fees.

It's not looking good at all. This user IP is not based in South Carolina.

This is an expensive lesson, NEVER use Paypal Friends and Family.
Pay the fees.
I assume, that if an account got hacked, the hacker could then change the password at which point the real "hnts4fun" could not log in to alert the admins.

Bad situation.