• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Nightforce NX 8

maybe I'm not understanding. to me a cap would be like the older Leupold VX-IIIs or the huskama scopes where you have to remove a "cap" (that is then completely detached) just to get at the turret.
I have a number of Nightforce NXSs and several other NX8s. You don't have to remove a "cap" to adjust the windage turret. It is there.....exposed and ready to be turned. But it is by no means what I'd call open...but maybe that is what you mean by open.
hopefully that helps

maybe a picture will help. windage turret is on the left. stole this picture off an NXS for sale listing. An NX8 is exactly the same

Last edited:
Windage turret is capped as @Shooter264 said.

Pulled directly off of Nightforce's website

IMG_8387.png

" Surprised the OP has "several other NX8s" and never noticed the capped windage turret."

It would seem the tolerance by some for anything less perfection is pretty low. I guess in the future... rather than try to be helpful, I'll just say look at the attached pics or I do your own research as I'm in the hospital due to a stroke. The one implication above in particular is pretty disappointing.

I truely do have three NX8s and 7-8 NXSs. Haven't had the guns with the NX8s out of the safe for maybe a year and have been using and working with Swaro X5s and NF NXSs almost exclusively. So simply didn't remember that the turrets are capped

at the risk of being redundant, yes the windage turrets are capped

Finally for all of you out there that are always perfect......please feel free to correct me on anything... including grammar and/or spelling. And pray that in the future.... if imperfection of any form creeps into your life , that others will not be judgmental but will be tolerant and understanding in how they treat you.

Attachments

• 20230508_111206.jpg
    20230508_111206.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • 20230508_111226.jpg
    20230508_111226.jpg
    697.3 KB · Views: 18
" Surprised the OP has "several other NX8s" and never noticed the capped windage turret."

It would seem the tolerance by some for anything less perfection is pretty low. I guess in the future... rather than try to be helpful, I'll just say look at the attached pics or I do your own research as I'm in the hospital due to a stroke. The one implication above in particular is pretty disappointing.

I truly do have three NX8s and 7-8 NXSs. Haven't had the guns with the NX8s out of the safe for maybe a year and have been using and working with Swaro X5s and NF NXSs almost exclusively. So simply didn't remember that the turrets are capped

at the risk of being redundant, yes the windage turrets are capped

Finally for all of you out there that are always perfect......please feel free to correct me on anything... including grammar and/or spelling. And pray that in the future.... if imperfection of any form creeps into your life , that others will not be judgmental but will be tolerant and understanding in how they treat you.

Attachments

• 20230508_111226.jpg
    20230508_111226.jpg
    697.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230508_111226.jpg
    20230508_111226.jpg
    697.3 KB · Views: 22
"Surprised the OP has "several other NX8s" and never noticed the capped windage turret."

It would seem the tolerance by some for anything less than perfection is pretty low. I guess in the future... rather than try to be helpful, I'll just say, "Look at the attached pics or I do your own research as I'm in the hospital due to a stroke." The one implication above in particular is pretty disappointing.

I truely do have three NX8s and 7-8 NXSs. Haven't had the guns with the NX8s out of the safe for maybe a year, and have been using and working with Swaro X5s and NF NXSs almost exclusively. So I simply didn't remember that the turrets are is capped.

A
t the risk of being redundant, yes the windage turrets are capped.

Finally, for all of you out there that are always perfect......please feel free to correct me on anything... including grammar and/or spelling. And pray that in the future.... if imperfection of any form creeps into your life, that others will not be judgmental, but will be tolerant and understanding in how they treat you.
I honestly hope you recover quickly. But I couldn't resist.