nightforce BR tough?

D.ID

I know the nxs is more suited to field work but If a guy just could not justify the expense in the given time period he needs to get one scoped, but might be able to manage a BR model would the BR model hold it's own in the durability department against other scopes in the price range?

8x32 I expect and it would be used primarily for target but also for selective elk hunting. I manage to take care of my scopes pretty well in the field so my primary concern in that situation would just be carrying slung and weather exposure. Thanks

Thanks Dave, I have read that before actually and am well aware that the NXS is the scope for me and what I want to do but simple economics says I can not justify the money within the timeframe. That article says the BR model is no slouch and nightforce at shot bangs it on the table as well as the NXS to suggest there robustness. So I am confident it is also a quality piece, Just not intended for this purpose (hunting). So if a guy has a strict budget of $1211 for a Brand New extreme magnification rifle optic is that still his best bet or should he be looking at something else? Thanks

Maybe the question should be what is the best hunting scope with high magnification (22x-24x or more) that can be had new for $1200ish Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.